Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Except for work my new ADHD enhanced life would be perfect….

Re: Except for work my new ADHD enhanced life would be perfect….2010-01-16T23:19:52+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace ADHD-Friendly Careers Except for work my new ADHD enhanced life would be perfect…. Re: Except for work my new ADHD enhanced life would be perfect….

Anonymous
Inactive

A job that I found that my ADHD was a very useful tool in…Oddly enough… was public speaking.

When you can stand in front of 100 people and have a general idea of how they are all reacting to you, how well they are focused (or not focused) on you and still maintain a constant delivery of information while adjusting to bring those who are not ‘in’ into the performance… well it just works! (What’s a run on sentence?)

It’s also very invigorating; the more energetic, passionate and generally your-self you can be, the better you can show them how truly exciting and amazing the information you are conveying, is.

The more creative you can be in explaining concepts, creating useful metaphors and not being boring… The more people are going to be enthralled.

It’s a pity that society tends to leave most ADHD’ers with such feelings of inadequacy and poor self esteem, cause ADHD folk are almost perfectly designed to teach/demonstrate things to the rest of the world!

REPORT ABUSE