Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Thank you TotallyADD!

Thank you TotallyADD!2016-02-18T22:34:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story Thank you TotallyADD!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

scadderbrain

First time poster…. long time lurker.

I want to publicly thank Rick Green and the folks at totally ADD. 5 years ago I was wallowing in self pitty eating Oreos on my couch wondering why I couldn’t hold down a job and support my family. By the Grace of God I decided to watch a show on WIPB entitled ADD and Loving It!?!?!?!

After watching it, it punched me right in the face.  I have ADHD!  After getting diagnosed, going through treatment, and utilizing a lot of tools here my life has changed dramatically.

Here are some of my notable “achievements” during the first portion of my adult life: 1 University academic dismissal, 7 failed jobs, 1 bankruptcy, 1 foreclosure, 2 vehicle repossessions, multiple failed relationships, and 100 lbs. of excess fat.

Fast forward a few years and the tides have turned! After obtaining my business degree, I am now employed with a Fortune 50 company as a business Analyst. I’ve been promoted three times in my career to this point, and my income is well over 3 times the average per capita income for my city.

I’m not telling you this to boast. There are many people in this world who are more successful than I am. I’m telling you this because I know firsthand that it’s possible to achieve your goals and overcome this paralyzing cognitive disorder that society calls ADD/ADHD.

It will always be a battle, but its worth fighting!  Thank you all very much!

REPORT ABUSE

wiredonjava
    Participant

That’s awesome buddy. I rejoice with you in your success. Thanks for spreading the hope around 🙂 🙂 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

chipfrommaine

Great story!  Thanks for sharing!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)