Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How?

How?2010-01-26T23:40:41+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

How does one offically get disagnosed?

I have asked my doctor for a referal to a psychiatrist whom a friend of mine mentioned was very helpful with her ADHD but I never heard back from my doctor if he even actually tried to get me an appointment (Vancouver, BC). I am starting to feel like I’m not really getting taken seriously and getting the help I need is harder than getting a date with a celebrity!

All I know is my doctor doesn’t know much about how to help me and I don’t know what I am supposed to do to find the help I need, all I know is I am struggling.

Thanks.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Remind your doctor. Odds are pretty high that he just forgot to do it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi firicia, I hope that by now you do have some help. If not though there is a clinic on the north shore called’ Contiuum Medical care’ Tel 604 913 -8183 . It is in West Vancouver on 17th street .Dr Ocana does assessments for ADHD and it will be covered on your medical ( do check on that though ) .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Start by doing the Virtual Doctor on this site. If you are in Vancouver, Marg has posted one of the contacts but Dr. Derryck Smith is also seeing patients as does UBC depending on whether they have a study running.

If you are elsewhere on the planet, go to your local support network for leads.

If your doctor doesn’t know much, have them see this site, buy them the ADD and Loving It DVD or go to the http://www.caddra.ca website

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)