Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Accountability Buddy

Accountability Buddy2013-10-15T15:20:28+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

ADHD_Adult_Chicago

Hi,

Am an Adult ADHD – and I have a real challenge with inner motivation –

I’m searching for someone who would benefit from an accountability buddy  where we hold each other accountable for the following week

Kind of a poor man’s peer-coach

http://www.addresources.org/?q=node/638#Peer

I’m working part-time (underemployed) and really need to get my full-time job search going…

Reading Nancy Ratey’s book – the disorganized mind

Due to time differences – note that I’m in IL, USA  and Rule #1: we try to focus on suggestions for improvements perhaps rather than the negative….

Also, if anyone knows of a different place we can find accountability-buddies, would love to hear about it

Tx!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Hey @ADHD_Adult_Chicago 🙂

This is a great idea. An excellent strategy for those who can’t afford professional coaches. And even better to do it on-line since it’s often easier to be confident and confide in people who are at a distance.

I however am not volunteering to be your buddy. I’m afraid I couldn’t be a reliable support for you because my own life is a mess right now. And I can’t handle having anyone holding me accountable. Too much pressure.

I have 0 inner motivation and sometimes even external motivators don’t work that well. So I know exactly what you are talking about. And I’m sure others will understand and be able to offer their support.

Good Luck. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

wanderquest

I might be interested. I’m currently reading that same book. And I’m in your time zone.

REPORT ABUSE

ADHD_Adult_Chicago

blackdog: that was a really sweet thing to post =)       Doing a lot of reading recently since my life is a complete mess – let me know if you change your mind… I plan to start week 1 with the smallest goal possible to experience success ~~ ‘anything I accomplish is better than nothing’  and slowly up my ante’ — recommend the books…

Wanderquest: Yey, let me know !

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Thanks. 🙂 It was nothing really.

I probably should try reading some books at some point in time. It would mean cutting back on my time here though since reading takes so much out of me.

I actually had a really good day today. I got a little bit of cleaning done and I am still feeling pretty perky. I had my usual afternoon slump but then rebounded. The only problem is I’m really bored now and I can’t figure out what I want to do. Which is leading to a lot of random snacking and wandering around. And rambling.

I love the “anything I accomplish is better than nothing approach”. I have been doing that for awhile. One day I congratulated myself for putting my earrings in the jewelry box where they belong, instead of leaving them lying somewhere like I usually do.

REPORT ABUSE

maddy

I also need an accountability buddy, in the Eastern time zone.

It seems ADHD_Adult_Chicago and / or Wanderlust have committed to coaching  each other so am hoping someone else will pick up this thread.

I have finally received a job offer and need to get many ( very serious, anxiety provoking ) things I have been procrastinating on done so can have clean start and do well. I think an accountability message/ response exchange, 3 times a day for the next week starting NOW is what would work for me.

Maddy

REPORT ABUSE

discover

Hi Maddy

Im new to this site but would be happy to begin a buddy support exchange. I’m too looking to start a new job shortly…  You can email me on Jlf072@gmail.com .. If you wish.

Hope to hear from you.    Discover 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)