Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADHD and IQ? A question at the end of my ridiculously long post about symptoms.

ADHD and IQ? A question at the end of my ridiculously long post about symptoms.2011-11-23T16:09:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story ADHD and IQ? A question at the end of my ridiculously long post about symptoms.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

trashman

Good morning build, as soon as I can find out how to put his picture up I will. I also need him to sit still.lol

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Bill, I really feel for you. One of the worst problems high IQ creates is the inability to get others to understand that it’s a problem. The problems associated with high IQ often include, ironically, failing at school so try to explain that high intellect is having a negative effect on someone’s life and immediately they look at the poor grades and think the person (or the parent) is delusional.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

This is very true, but the problem is somewhat the same with a low IQ. when I was in school the teachers just said that I was not trying. this is also back when no one ever said things like adhd or LD . if they would have seen and done something back then they maybe I could have changed my future. which is the present.O”WELL life goes on. I have great people skills in the short term. then as things progress things go from bad to worse, and I end up saying some thing that drives people away. or as my wife says sometimes you say too much. the sad thing is I know it is true. I always tell her I am only smart enough to know that I am Stupid sad but true. so if sometimes I say things that are a little st__id , please forgive me don’t hint that I did something st__pid you have to be very clear because I don’t caught a hint very well. so sorry in advance.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Trashman, you seem like a lovely bloke. I bet there are many of us here who don’t cotton on to hints.

So hard to get through this without understanding from others.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

>and I end up saying some thing that drives people away. or as my wife says sometimes you say too much<<

Boy, can I relate directly to THAT!

I don’t get hints well – if you’ve something to say, get out with it, no hints, no beating around the bush. Don’t have time, patience or need for that.

Like I tell ’em at work – if I screw up, come in and tell me so to my face, in detail, exactly why, when, what, etc. out with it.

Even the doc noted in his “diagnosis” that I want and need things direct. I’d speak things direct as I viewed them, and expect that from others.

If ya have an issue with me, out with it!

Say so, now, not days later. Let’s get it resolved and move on, ok?

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Build ,that’s what I always tell people . just tell me how it is and then I can deal with it and move on. and yes my wife always says sometimes I say to much. can it be true, I think wouldn’t have said it if it didn’t need to get out lol.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

:lol:first i will say one thing…u almost mirror me except extreme depression…i did get depressed after puberty around 15 but then i worked out constantly and always stayed bubbly and in reference to your younger years with ADHD excercise along with medications , im on adderall, is like our brain food….working out kept me in shape mentally and physically and I am the same age as you i just turned 23 and honestly i had same issues as you..always wanting to be popular kid…and had tons of friends but not most wanted and i get tons of compliments saying im good looking and no one could guess im ADHD…im always creative and with hands on things i can turn nothing into something ….very unique but i would def say to combat the depressive feelings is u have to figure out what med works and for me concerta was SOMETHING THAT WAS HORRID but adderall was a miracle worker…and with a small dose of 10 mg twice a day i usually do 10 in teh am and 5 in the evening but it helps me along with working out and i think bc i sgtayed so active i have not had the depressive state such as you deszcribe and i amnot talking like lifting im talking running and aerobics and meditation also helps me …..everyone is different but bc i have literally stopped caring about what others truely thought about my goofy self , laugh everyday, and live for me i am have continued to have good friends and become successful in life and yes in college my grades had similar issues but i will say excercising and medicines do help just remember to use them cautiously. In time it will get better especially if you are 22, good looking, and determined to succeed and accept it as it is. Hope this helps :-)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am not a psychiatrist but you sound just like me, but instead of getting depressed I would get really frustrated and have mood swings all the time.

dude I felt good for nothing not even video games (seriously I was to lazy to beat them)

I got prescribed and experimented with meds until i found the right dose for me and now I been extremely motivated to do stuff.

I turned into an organized freak in matter of days I felt in control like never before, school comes easy now I never have problems doing the readings I even enjoy writing papers now. (I HATED IT)

get treated and get your life together. you will realize how easy life is when you’re able to concentrate.

good luck man and honestly dont even worry about it too much just talk to your psychiatrist and get your stuff together.

P.S. how the hell did you gain 40 lbs?? serisously tell me I been working out for a couple years and barely gained 20 lol

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)