Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Diagnostics team wants "proof" from childhood

Diagnostics team wants "proof" from childhood2014-02-09T11:36:59+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Help! Diagnostics team wants "proof" from childhood

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author

blackdog

Congratulations on your diagnosis. 🙂

Hopefully the Strattera will work well for you (yes, the name is the same in Canada and the US)

I am sure the “no, why me!” feeling will come back, especially when you have a set back. But now you have the answer.

I have never heard of the NOS classification being used for ADHD. Basically, NOS means that it doesn’t fit any of the known categories. For example, extreme low self esteem is not really a psychiatric disorder but it may be diagnosed as something like “Personality Disorder, NOS”.  So it may mean that they could not determine if you are inattentive/hyperactive/combined, just that you have an attention deficit. Like you said, it doesn’t matter, as long as it gets you what you need.

I read Ender’s Game a little while ago and enjoyed it. The Mortal Instruments books have been on my list for awhile now. I just don’t have enough time to read. Or I don’t have enough mental energy.

To tag someone, so that they can see you mentioned them, put an @ in front of their name. Like this:

@helenboll

🙂

REPORT ABUSE

helenboll

Åhå, like you did on facebook before! @blackdog

Are you named from Churchill’s name for his depression?

Yeah, maybe it would translate to “Attention deficit disorder” or something.

I am also trying Melatonin for my sleep problems. Funny thing was that the doctor told me to buy it online from abroad in future, as that is cheaper. You need a prescription for it here. ( I almost wrote recipy- same word in Swedish. =))

I think I’ll start a new thread now as the diagnosis has been made.

See ya there! =)

REPORT ABUSE

curlysue

LOL – now what make you think that.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@helenboll

Ah, that explains the whole @ thing. I have seen people do it in other forums and wondered why, since it didn’t seem to do anything.  Now I know where they got it from.

Yes, it is a reference to Churchill’s black dog. You are the first to ever guess that I think.

I bought some Melatonin awhile ago but I keep forgetting to use it. I stay up too late anyway. I have to start trying to go to bed earlier and then use the Melly. I am surprised you need a prescription for it in Sweeden. Just be careful if you order it online and be sure you are getting it from a good company you can trust.

And I guess that concludes this thread. At least for now. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)