Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?

Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?2010-12-02T04:49:22+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Funny Funniest ADD Moment — What's yours?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)
  • Author

iforget

It was time to refill my script for my ADD medication. I dial the doctors office, go through the automated system to the place where I leave the message with my name birthdate and what medication I need refilled…..only I can’t, for the life of me, remember the name of my medication. I’m stammering, ummm……..starts with an “F”….then I just blurt out, “my medication for ADD”! and I start laughing so hard I had to hang up.

I’m sure the nurses had a good giggle over that message. At least I remembered my name and birthdate, right?!

One of the best things about getting the diagnosis of ADD (only a couple of years ago) is that now I tend to laugh a lot more at those goofy things instead of feeling bad about being such an airhead.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

So I decided to tackle a home improvement project of replacing the molding around a door with a more decorative design. I made sure I had all of the correct tools and materials to finish the project in 1 weekend which I did! I actually completed a project and did it well! While sitting back on the couch admiring my hardwork I realized the molding was on backwards….

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When setting up my profile for the site, I had 3 browser tabs open, was also watching TV and talking to my fiance…in typical ADD fashion, I misspelled my own user name. The SAME user name I have been using everywhere for almost 10 years!!

It was too funny, and too appropriate to change it…so instead of Microwench, I am Microwenh

REPORT ABUSE

billd

My whole life has been funny when I look back at it, well, much of it anyway. Most of the time I’m a bit zany.

My mom likes to remind me when I started walking to school one day, got a ways off and she called out – aren’t you forgetting something? I’d put on my socks, but forgot the shoes. I’ve made too many funny and silly mistakes to count.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

This one is particularly embarrassing but hey I’m among friends right? I was hanging out in front of a Barnes and Noble. I got there early so it wasn’t open yet. So I sit on one of those stone benches and wait. Some guy comes by and sits by me. We talk. Its starts out ok at first but I miss a few hints that in hindsight were obvious that he was gay and hitting on me. It took me some time for me to pick that up like when he got a little too friendly. I start looking at my watch to see if the barnes and noble will open soon so i can bolt inside. then he talks about something so explicitly homoerotic and then hits on me again that I bolt out of there anyway. i walk up and down the street hoping that when I get back he’s not there. i still kick myself for not picking that up when i should have. i try not to ruminate on it but as another post says to err is human to dwell on it is add. am wondering if i ever made girls i was trying to ask out feel that same way back in my highschool days, but then again i was never that explicit. sheesh. i won’t repeat what he said here because first its gross and second well its gross. no i’m not saying that being gay is gross so please don’t go there. if i said the same thing to a woman i would have been rightfully arrested. that’s all i’m going to say. i hope someone out there can top this story because i don’t want to go down in history with the distinction of most embarrassing add episode.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was showing my BF this site and How amazing it is and we got through about half of one of the video’s and he said “Pause it for a sec.” and I said “I can’t” lol we laughed so hard.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

In my first few years as a driver, I was constantly locking my keys in the car. It got to the point that my Dad started keeping a spare key to my car on his key ring (one that was easily detachable). This went on into my first year of college. Fortunately the college I went to was only a short walking distance from my dad’s place of work. One day, I had offered to give several friends of mine a ride somewhere and when we got to the car- you guessed it- I had locked my keys in the freaking car once again. So, my friends and I all trudged over to my dads workplace to, yet again, retrieve my spare key so we could get into the car and get going.

Well, dear old dad fancies himself to be a bit of a comedian, and when he saw that he had an audience this time (my friends)- it was showtime!

He gets this exaggerated look of mock annoyance on his face and makes some wisecrack about how many times I had had to borrow the key that week and how he should charge a rental fee for the key… then he tops it off with this zinger- he leaned in toward me as he handed me the key and said in a volume just loud enough for all of my friends to hear “Now I’m gonna give you back this key. It’s yours from now on. What YOU need to do is take this key and tape it to your >insert slang term for male genitalia here< and you’ll never lose it again.” My friends laughed for five solid minutes over that one while I’m just standing there like ‘Yeah. Okay, thanks Dad. Yeah that’s a good one, I get it.’

I still keep in touch with one of those friends to this day and every now and then he gives me a little crap about that little moment.

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

I work in telecommunications, doing wiring and hooking up equipment for internet, TV and phone service in people’s homes. One of the worst frustrations for me is completing a lengthy and complicated installation only to have it NOT work for some reason! On more than one occasion, I have spent (wasted) hours, tearing apart wiring, removing wall jacks and crawling through attics looking for broken wire or bad equipment, then eventually discovering I had simply forgot to plug in a cable ! AARRGGGH!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a good friend in Alaska and her birthday is today. I wanted to send her something special, so I worked hard to make her the perfect joint Christmas and Birthday card. I was planning to send it before Christmas, but I didn’t get around to the post office until just a couple days ago (it wouldn’t fit into any of the envelops at home). I was sitting at the post office parking lot. My heart was glowing, I was so proud of my home made card. Then right as I was getting out of the car, I realized that I had forgotten to bring my friend’s address… Oh well, I got it in the mail yesterday. Now it’s a belated joint Christmas and Birthday card.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I set the kitchen on fire a week after my parents sold the house. Rushing through everything so that I could surprise my BFF with a birthday dinner. I was making rice, put the pot on the stove to boil, had the blender on the burner because I had just finished making the cake, and walked away to do one of the hundreds of other things. When I came back in the kitchen 20 minutes later, the blender is on fire, with huge flames licking at the back of the stove and the wall and the door, and the floor. Turns out in my haste to do everything really fast I had turned on the wrong burner and that I was rushing around and not watching, what could have been a minor oops, got the new people a brand new kitchen. I am always leaving burners on, or the stove for hours after the stuff is out and eaten. Now my family razzes me about it. Once went to bed and I had thrown a tea towel up on the stove and my husband got up to get a drink in the middle of the night and saw it smoking. Luckily he was able to get it off before it starts a fire.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Once, in my first year of college & living by myself, I was in such a distracted hurry to get to class that I walked almost a block in the snow before realising my legs were cold because I had missed putting on my pants!

REPORT ABUSE

dspicelady

Borrowing one from my sister…..she had a habit of locking her keys in the car. One time she locked them in her car while it was running…..in the middle of road……close to a busy intersection……you get the picture.

REPORT ABUSE

Johane

Miguel, how about standing in a gay bar for 3 hours _without_ realizing that I was standing in a gay bar…

I had recently moved back to my home town. I had never been much of a “cluber” in my younger days, and this was a new bar… I was having fun, meeting people and what not… Sang some Karaoke, cause well… I like singing… I spent 3 hours wondering why the guys were not hitting on me. That is, I spent almost 3 hours wondering. About 10 minutes before I had to leave to meet friends at another destination, I saw the pride flag in the corner…

This was 3 days before I got caught in another sexually explicit situation that leaves my friends stunned. Let’s just say that I was astonished, had never seen anyone behave in this way and I was so oblivious to what was going on I was completely gobsmacked by what I saw. I can’t explain here because it was rude, crude and well, not something to be discussed in mixed company.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow that’s funny. That certainly tops me, but then again you probably felt safe at the bar. I didn’t feel safe in the situation when I finally picked up on it. Thing is when a man hits on you, you can respond any way you want and claim self defense but I am more constrained because if I’m too forceful I can get labeled as intolerant. I’m not intolerant. I have gays in my family and have been to a few gay reunions where people were polite and respectful, which is all anyone can ask that all standards apply to everyone equally. I get along with my Mom’s friends. They still call to offer their condolences even years after my Mom’s passing. Funny thing, even though I don’t like getting hit on by some guy I really do wish that my Mom could have been more loving of her own sexuality. she hated who she was and thought that she was going to hell because of it. Trying to comfort her on her death bed was a terrible experience. I so hate Catholic dogma.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Good lord I could list hundreds…

When I was about 9 years old maybe, me and my family vacationed in Florida. We all changed into our bathing suits and were going to walk to the pool. I, however, upon arriving at the pool, forgot that I had ALREADY PUT MY BATHING SUIT ON. So in an impulsive act of youthful exuberance and excitement, I attempted to “change into my bathing suit” by … pulling down my bathing suit and revealing myself to everyone at the pool. Older brother, little sister, mom and dad, as well as maybe a dozen other vacationers with their kids (some of them my age) were very surprised and very amused by this. I was so humiliated though I ran back up to the condo and sat crying in the living room until my family came back.

BUT it’s pretty funny now, looking back. *slaps head*

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 84 total)