Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

getting along with people …how?

getting along with people …how?2011-12-20T18:36:16+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I Don't Get People getting along with people …how?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found that I couldn’t focus on work and on “how to interact with co-workers” at the same time. And I can not “just figure it out”.

Perhaps it is the drugs, but I find that some days I am ok, but not mellow, and some days I am bitchy, but not happy.

I am having difficulty explaining my adhd … and trying not to use it as an excuse for being angry, hopefully,

I can acquire some skills at relaxing myself. I have been in such a habit of being frustrated, impatient,

depressed and angry that just finding out where a lot of that came from is at times overwhelming .

I can change, but I start to list what to do and I fizzle out … will try to regroup and do baby steps.

It is annoying that I think at times why bother, .. then I get annoyed at giving up, really need to get

perspective, to laugh. Definately taking self too seriously.

Cats are excellent to be around .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Billd: Who was it that said “abnormally high IQ?” There is no such thing. A high IQ is a good thing, Abnormal is bad. I don’t see how anybody can consider genius to be abnormal.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I’d like to think that other people see very high IQ as normal or good, but it can be a very difficult thing to deal with. I wouldn’t say abnormal as such but it does make life very difficult for a lot of kids – eg being ADHD and bored out of your brains all the time because the work at school is too easy is a recipe for disaster.

Just an observation as a high IQer that the school system failed, with a high IQ kid that the system is failing and as someone who works with gifted kids, many of whom are having to be home schooled – because the school system failed them…

It’s a subject I’m really passionate about and wish everyone saw it like you, dennis!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)