Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hilarious ADD moment!

Hilarious ADD moment!2011-02-09T16:41:40+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved Hilarious ADD moment!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Tiddler

Helps, doesn’t it!

REPORT ABUSE

auntybb

All of you are hilarious! You are living my life! I can’t tell you what a relief it has been to discover that I’m not the only person on earth who does these things regularly. Getting out of the car with packages is one of those skills I never managed to master. Keys, remotes and cell phones are escape artists in my life. Thanks for the laughs.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

A friend of mine we get every thing mixed up she has ADHD so do I .. Plus we both have problems saying words.. She asked me to go to a movie with her. She read it as Burlap and thought it was a movie about Sherr the artist Singer living on a farm.. But it was a Burlese can’t spell that one.. When the movie was going on she is sitting there saying when is Sherr going to move to the farm.. We just laughed about it.. But that night we were surpose to go to the coldest Day it is a fun rasier at the Tavern… Really big event bands all day long and all we did was talk about it and we were surpose to pick up her friend. And we were at the movie watching a Burless movie. And we thought it was the week after.. So we get every thing or almost every thing screwed up.. But she had to say sorry to her friend…

You can only laugh about it.. But only a ADDER would fine the humor in that one..Clamdigger

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

I decided to have a large cup of coffee from my thermos.

I filled the cup partly full, added cream, then decided to top it up with the last few drops from my nearly-empty thermos.

But the thermos was actually still about 1/4 full.

Result: Coffee flood all over the counter!

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

When I go from my bedroom to the kitchen, I usually try to pick up clutter like empty Gatorade bottles (I drink a lot of Gatorade because of my dysautonomia issue), dirty dishes, used tissues, mail, bottles of nail polish, etc. As I make my way toward the kitchen, I drop things off in their appropriate spots – nail polish in its drawer in the bathroom, mail in the mail pile by the door, tissue in the trash.

Somehow, though, last night I ended up with dirty, sweaty socks that I had been wearing all day at work left on my kitchen counter.

Not good! Not good at all!

But laughable.

REPORT ABUSE

Cyclone

What as riot! Good to know its not just me.

I’m always forgetting something when I leave the house in the morning; my keys, coffee, lunch, iPad. I think the only thing I remember consistently is my iPhone, which I couldn’t live without (besides the calendar, which is a lifesaver, I use an app called “Things” to keep me on track with everything). Sorry, I’m wandering.

Anyway, it’s so predictable that my wife and son ask each other (with me in earshot) “I wonder how long it will be before he comes back?”. When I walk back in the door there’s a chorus of “What did you forget this time Dad?”.

A few years back I used to take my son to the bus stop every morning before heading off to work. We live in Canada, so in the winter I would take this as an opportunity to warm up the car. After the third time I called my wife to come back from work with her car keys to let me back into my running car she banned me from warming it up! Of course I don’t listen, I just got smarter and made a point to remember to roll the window down before I walk away. Amazing that I can remember to do that, but I can’t remind myself to not lock the door.

I also used to travel a lot more, particularly to the US. I drove 4 hours to the US border at Detroit only to realize I’d forgot my passport. I had to drive all the way back home and back again, turning a 4 hour trip into a 12 hour one!

-Cyclone

REPORT ABUSE

Cyclone

I’m at Chapters. Just stopped to get a coffee at Starbucks and thought I would see what’s in the ADD section. I saw a book I thought I might like and figured I’d search iBooks on my iPhone to see if I can get a digital copy instead. Opening the iBooks Store I was surprised to see another book on ADD ready for me to download. I completely forgot I had bought it!

Impulsivity and forgetfulness aren’t the best bedfellows!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

So this video should not be a surprise

http://totallyadd.com/off-to-work/

Sums it all up.

Life!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Good video. Reminds me of the two times I left my cell phone on the body of the car. At least I think that’s where I left them. One time, I walked down the side of the road for about a mile with my wife’s phone dialing mine to listen for my ring tone in the weeds. Never found either one. I have learned not to place cell phones on the car.

I also don’t place tools on the car engine any more either. And I am trying to return tools etc. to their proper place after using them. Learning the hard way that it is less work to put tools back than to organize a search and rescue. Perhaps if I painted them like Easter eggs …

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

If I leave one room to get something in another room, the odds are about 50/50 I’ll remember what it was I went for.

The whole thing around ‘working memory and forgetfulness’ is brutal when I have to do something with a lot of steps. Even as simple as packing for a trip. It’s one thing to draw up plans or a checklist for work. Another to draw one up for tidying the house. It works though. If I remember to do it. And when I do decide I’d better break a big job down into step, I have to write them out, or I’ll skip steps, forget what’s next and then get confused, frustrated and go do something else that’s quick and easy.

And then there’s this kind of impatience. There’s something to be done, and I’m off and running.

http://totallyadd.com/if-bill-had-a-hammer/

REPORT ABUSE

ashockley55
    Participant

watching that video…

“and Bill has such URGENCY that he’s willing to waste time and risk ruining the chair rather than put things down and go get the proper tools…..no wonder his projects never seem to work out, or LAST, or make him feel proud of his accomplishments.”

“ADDers tend to do things in superficial ways…”

YES!!!

Wow.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have to press the lock button on my car many many times prior to walking away because as soon as I press it, I already forgot if I locked the car or not. My husband pointed this out to me the other day, said I lock the car like 10 times every time I get off.

Today, I had some checks to deposit so I took them out of the my purse and put them on the seat next to me so I woudln’t misplace them by the time I want to the ATM which was about 5 minutes away. Well when I got to the ATM, I realized I couldn’t remember if I had the checks or if I had left them at home. I was scrambling trying to find them in my purse because there were cars waiting behind me. After I emptied my entire purse, I looked over to the seat and saw the checks siting there and I remembered.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I used to travel a lot with my job. One time in a parking lot as I was having trouble opening the door of the rental car I was driving, I was approached by a woman with a troubled look on her face. As she got nearer, I realized that the car I was trying to enter was hers and I could see my rental a few spaces over. “Oh, is this your car? It looks just like that one over there.” I said, beating a hasty retreat without further explanation or apology. She smiled nervously.

(Fortunately, they were at least the same color.)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Light corn combination of low-power E40 LED lamp power factor, turn Conversion efficiency are no better than ordinary fluorescent tubes, energy saving lamps.The greatest advantage of LED street lamp is energized bright will not tingling of the human eye to reduce the threat to the driver, and his power consumption is very small, only 70% of the ordinary street, simple and low maintenance costs.Led Garden Light has all the characteristics of the LED light source lamp; suitable light angle, high utilization of available light; luminous flux and power consumption optimized design, to achieve the best energy-saving effect;

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)