Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How do I end a conversation because of brain freeze

How do I end a conversation because of brain freeze2019-08-23T04:08:10+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community How do I end a conversation because of brain freeze

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dancraig
    Participant

I had a brain freeze during a phone conversation because the other person asked too many questions in too short a time. I couldn’t think of a way out of the situation and the longer it lasted the more scatterbrained I felt. I need something to say if I find myself in this situation again, and I will! Any Ideas?

REPORT ABUSE

bridge
    Participant

yep.

1. Say you haven’t told me much about yourself/the situation/ etc, how about you give me some more information.
    2. Blimey, that’s a lot of questions, how about we take a break, make a gear change?
    3. I’m sorry but I find your questions really exhausting. I’m going to have to take a rain check on that one and get back to you another time (that’s my polite version).
    4. So what’s your diagnosis? And if they say WTF? I say well you’re asking a way above average number of questions for someone I’ve only just met and most people have a grasp of the fact that generally unacceptable and you don’t, so I was wondering if you were aware of that or if you had been diagnosed with a disorder of some kind as that’s really unusual for people who haven’t. (best not to say that to your new boss granted).
    5. Said the other day, I’m going to have just check for an email linked to work right now so I’ll catch you later, I said I’d respond before 4 pm so I better go.
    6. I’m sorry, I don’t have the brainpower for this right now, you’ll have to excuse me.
    7. Wow, is that the time. I’ll catch you later I’ve got to go.
    8. Wow, is it warm in here or what, I’m going to have to go get some water, catch you later.

I have a lot of friends with ADHD!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)