Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Mashing Potatoes

Mashing Potatoes2012-01-09T16:25:55+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Mashing Potatoes

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author

William

You ever put sour cream in your mashed potatoes?

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

no, I do put whipping cream into my mashed potatoes. I’m amazed that normal people or other people can control their thoughts. This is while I have lost my train of thought. I was fully to undo the first portion of this but I thought I’d give you some insight into exactly how twisted my mind is.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i was totally going to ask something but i forgot. isnt that lovely? :P

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

I JUST got a new potato masher which I totally recommend; OXO good grips version. The handle is sideways; SO MUCH EASIER to push down!

http://www.amazon.com/OXO-Grips-Smooth-Potato-Masher/dp/B00004OCL9

(No, I’m not getting paid for this testimonial.)

I find I interrupt people a lot lately. It’s not an impulsive thing, because I’m consciously deciding to butt in before I actually do. It’s more of a “Better-say-it-now-before-I-forget” thing. If I preface my interruption with that explanation my family is usually pretty understanding. I hope. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

But potato mashers are a pain to wash.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Let the Doberman prewash the masher before it goes in the dishwasher.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Great idea – will do that. My dishwasher is unfortunately still in a box in my living room (along with the rest of the new kitchen) and it’s been there sometime…..

well….what do you expect with ADD?

My worry is I’ve forgotten how it is meant to look, so I’ll just have to get a very clever fitter in to put the jigsaw pieces together.

😆

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Scattybird – does that little smiley faced thing at the end of your post keep moving its mouth even when nobody is looking at it? I’ve been wondering about it all week.

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

the trick is to rinse it right after you use it. then keep it wet until you are ready to wash it.

REPORT ABUSE

cloud1

Darn – must go eat potatos of some sort! Who can wait to mash them in total?

We have amazing brains, the bridling part is the problem. Harness our energies!

Yes, what is “normal”? Even taking meds, who is to say that is the real norm? It has always been one of my regular “ponders” to know how most everyone else thinks and stays on task.

Oh my, no dinner invites kc5jck 😆

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anyone tried mashing with a bit of blue cheese and roasted garlic??

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

kc5jck – no it has a grumpy expression when nobody is looking at it. The kind of expression that wonders why I can’t just get on with fitting the stuff, but when we look at it then it realises why, and does the manic smile.

Trashman – keeping it wet is definately the key.

MerryMac – that suggestion sounds yummy. Guessing you wouldn’t want too much blue cheese tho’.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Since there hasn’t been much activity on the site, I thought I would bring this forum back in focus so maybe some of the new members could weigh in on this one.  Or perhaps get a sense of where they are relative to the rest of us.

Oh, my dog mentioned above, got sick (salmonella) off of some fancy expensive dog food my wife got off the internet.  She gets fancy expensive cat food for her cat.  The cats hate it.  I can say that around here, eleven out of eleven cats prefer Purina Cat Chow from Sam’s out of an 18 lb bag for $13 a bag.  If they want something different, they will go catch a lizard , bird, or something outside.

I left “Fancy Food” out the other night hoping that maybe a coon would eat it, but no such luck.  That was after I offered it to my dog.  And if HE wouldn’t eat it after some of the things I have seen him consume, it must taste really bad.  I put the stuff out in the garden around my pepper plants thinking it might work to fertilize them.  If nothing else, maybe it will keep the bugs away.

Haven’t had mashed potatoes lately, I’ve been baking them with butter, sour, cream, bacon, and cheese.  Yum!

So Carrie, what do you think about before you get darted by hubby with your meds?

REPORT ABUSE

seabassd

My mind can be calm first thing in the morning before starting any activities. It’s almost like I’m not thinking about anything just enjoying iheartradio and a cup of coffee. I look forward to daybreak.

I became more cognizant of thoughts after a couple years in therapy. Before that I’m not sure I was aware of how much my mind was producing thoughts outside of current activities I just new I wasn’t present.

There are also moments during the day where it’s like I become aware of the current moment and don’t know where the day went. Almost like I was transported from morning coffee to 3pm without knowing how I got there.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Oh……in January 2012 I made a comment in this thread about my new kitchen being in boxes and that it had been for a while.

I am a bit shocked that my comment is dated January 2012…….. My kitchen is still in boxes in my living room……I am guessing the store won’t have the bits I was meant to collect anymore…..why couldn’t they have delivered it all?

The worse part is I still eat microwaveable mashed potatoes because my masher is still packed somewhere.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)