Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

My experience (so far) with Wellbutrin / Buproprion

My experience (so far) with Wellbutrin / Buproprion2012-11-04T23:24:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Antidepressants My experience (so far) with Wellbutrin / Buproprion

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

How do you prevent your pharmacist from substituting a generic, especially if the generic doesn’t work as well? Are there different rules in different jurisdictions?

And how can a generic be called an effective substitute if so many people are claiming they don’t work as well? Isn’t the generic the same medication, the same chemical?

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

How do you prevent your pharmacist from substituting a generic, especially if the generic doesn’t work as well? Are there different rules in different jurisdictions?

And how can a generic be called an effective substitute if so many people are claiming they don’t work as well? Isn’t the generic the same medication, the same chemical?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

I ask my psych to name the trade name and not the chemical name on the script. In the UK they have to honour that (I think). On saying that, I take what I get with the dex but when I took MPH I used to ask for Ritalin. The variation between generics and the ‘real thing’ does seem real. Why? I guess it depends on the drug. With Concerta it boils down to the delivery system being better than with the ‘equivalent’ generics (or so I have read). With the short acting meds the difference shouldn’t be noticeable but it is – at least I found that with the versions of MPH I tried. Why? I don’t know, but would guess at the active ingredient being a slightly different chemical nature but the filler substance is likely to be different. Guess it’s like the difference between Heinz Beans and supermarket-own-brand beans. Beans are beans but the tomato sauce filler is world’s apart and I know which beans I prefer. 🙂

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 31 through 33 (of 33 total)