Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Rick & Dr. J's Feb 27th Workshop

Rick & Dr. J's Feb 27th Workshop2010-02-05T13:57:06+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Rick & Dr. J's Feb 27th Workshop

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

daydreamer

I am so sad. I just came online to buy tickets and realized it is sold out.

Would have loved to attend :(

REPORT ABUSE

Fearwidg
    Participant

This is the first chance I’ve had to say how deeply I regret not making it to the Science Centre Workshop. I’d said I’d be there and had every intention of doing so … but the day before the workshop, Michelle & I discovered our Nephew, Greg, had been murdered!

I can’t begin to express the shock and grief we both felt. As you get older, you steel yourself to the inevitable loss of friends & family… but to see one younger than you murdered??? … I truly don’t have the words.

FYI – his girlfriend (a woman with mental problems whom our gentle nephew truly believed he could help) confessed and has been charged with second degree murder. From what we understand, she had made several attempts on his life and – after his father begged him to leave before she succeeded – Greg was packing when she stabbed him through the heart & lung.

I can’t tell you how proud I am of Greg’s father for being able to see that this murder was a double tragedy. Even though he lost his son, he found it in his heart to feel sorry for “…that poor girl. Imagine when she comes to her senses and realizes what she’s done?.”

I don’t know if she was receiving help. I don’t know if she was taking meds – or was supposed to, but hadn’t taken them.

All I do know is that this terrible tragedy has reaffirmed my determination to end the stigma attached to all mental disorders. Whether it be ADD, like the rest of us “Swans” in this forum, or an episode that caused this woman to end the life of a “gentle giant” who only wanted to help her.

We MUST find ways to make it easier for people to seek help. We MUST end the stigma that makes it so hard for those who need help the most to even ask for it.

It’s just a chemical imbalance, folks. Nothing more. It’s not “our fault,” it’s just the way we were “made.”

And, in so many cases, meds can normalize the imbalance, the symptoms can be controlled, and we can live our lives – our REAL lives – to their fullest potential.

To my way of thinking – NOT taking advantage of this is the only thing that can truly be called “crazy.”

My apologies again for missing the Workshop.

I sincerely hope to meet many of you at the next one.

Cheers until next time,

Your fellow “Swan,”

GN

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)