Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

School – Verbal Abuse by Teachers!

School – Verbal Abuse by Teachers!2010-12-06T11:06:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Most Hostile/Ignorant Thing I've Heard School – Verbal Abuse by Teachers!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author

darkwynde

>> I’m seriously thinking of writing a ‘Tell All’ about my history of being bullied, including names, and publishing it in the local paper. One of the kids (now an adult) is the son of a well known doctor where I live.<<

Mr. Harrington, I MUST ask this question, so please, understand, I am NOT criticizing you:     Does your desire to write a “Tell All” stem from a desire for payback, or a need for justice?  If it is the former, then I urge you to let it go; as I have learned much to my own grief, a desire for vengeance only gives your persecutors continued power over you.

Justice, on the other hand, redresses grievance with a measured response, and restores balance.  I would suggest trying to determine if this sort of behavior is still going on.  If it is, then write your tell-all.  If not, don’t give those @$$holes that power over you.  Move on, forget about them, and pursue your own happiness.

REPORT ABUSE

sdwa
    Participant

My son has ADHD and is in 9th grade. They don’t understand how to help with ADHD. He’s got this one teacher who doesn’t believe in it and thinks he’s just willfully a discipline problem. The IEP is basically worthless at this grade level. Up until about 6th grade, special ed services helped. Then they stopped taking him out of the classroom for private or small group instruction, and stuck him in a big classroom where the special ed teacher “floats” from student to student. He’s been tagged as behavior problem. He is bored but very smart, gets nothing but criticism, is on the verge of flunking out, and feels pretty demoralized. He hates school.  The school district doesn’t even offer vocational training, which I think might be helpful. When I was a kid, the schools offered stuff like that. There don’t seem to be many public school options. It’s not as though a private school would be better if they just don’t get it. Teachers are not trained to deal with special needs. Even special ed teachers have too general an education to respond specifically to this problem.

If there would be one reason why I’d become an ADHD coach, it would be to help my son.

The idea of online education sounds intriguing – I don’t know if he’d be motivated enough to do it. But I will check that out.

To the teacher who complained that we were all whining:  It’s your job to educate yourself, the same way we’ve all had to educate ourselves about our condition. Don’t come in and be critical of people who have every right to vent, in a forum designed to allow venting. If you have a specific question, ask it, but understand we’re here to offer each other our support.

I hate talking to the school. I hate getting their bitchy emails complaining about my son and how they think I’m a terrible mother. It’s all about blame and dumping. They don’t want to help – they want me to magically transform my child into someone who doesn’t have ADHD. They don’t think it’s their job to be informed. They really don’t.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 46 through 47 (of 47 total)