Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Still Skeptical

Still Skeptical2011-01-27T18:13:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Still Skeptical

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

that last paragraph could sit quite nicely on the homepage- sums everything up for me. :)

REPORT ABUSE

gracious

agnoscet….

hahahahaha!! I can’t even tell you how many times I hear that muffled sound while I’m driving with my kids in the van. I am slowly not feeling as guilty about it as I once did, but I just say politely, “I’m sorry guys, but can you please explain and help me understand?” instead of saying, “I didn’t hear a damn thing you just said because my brain is a million miles away right now”. I remember as a kid when my mom would attempt to talk to me about deep-seated things, I would be off in la-la land, and I would try to answer with a yes or a no, and sometimes I would get it wrong, and the tone of her voice when I got it wrong shot me back to reality real quick!!!

@jenetically….

thank you kindly for that reply. I have read it over a million times to let it all soak in. I have tried also to live by that rule of “good enough”. My hubby is a neat freak, and so it creates issues sometimes, but he’s still here after 10 years and I haven’t changed a bit!! lol. I don’t want to spend all my free time cleaning my house and for what?? The ppl who I associate with and my friends understand who I am. I figure if they don’t like my house for what it is, then I guess we aren’t meant to be friends. It is what it is. I have 3 small kids, plus I work full time, and I have this weird thing with laundry that I won’t let anyone wear the same clothes twice without washing them first. It creates a ton of laundry for me, but I don’t care. No matter how hard I try, I cannot seem to let that one go. Ocassionally I will let someone use a towel twice, if the kids have only used it for 2 seconds, but even then I am acutely aware that its a used towel. I wonder if ADD is sometimes associated with OCD?? I’m betting it is. Thanks again. :)

Has anyone read the book by Dr. Gabor Mate called Scattered Minds? It is amazing and it was the first book or the first little bit of information which lead me on my ADD journey. I found myself in this book.

Again, thanks everyone for being you. I love this little place I have found. :)

always,

g

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 61 through 62 (of 62 total)