Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Successful ADDers annoy the h*ll out of me.

Successful ADDers annoy the h*ll out of me.2011-11-06T23:52:52+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! Successful ADDers annoy the h*ll out of me.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)
  • Author

Robbo

<<>I’ve waited a long time to say anything, not that I have anything profound or useful to say.><<

Thanks no dopamine, well said, all of what you said. I’m grateful this place is here too. If I could just learn to speed read I would enjoy it and recover from/live with my flavor of ADHD.

Love n peace to ya all team.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well Robbo………..it’s hard to throw stones at your take on things…for me anyway. Intrinsic “paydays” are the best for me too!!

History and science tell us, folks generally tend to repeat those things that give them a reward. The truth is….it can be positive or negative….but I find building a stash of “positive paydays” is what is good for me……good pictures for my heart. Sure shit happens….but over the years my positive pile eclipses my not so positive pile……and I’m sooooo….good with that. :)

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Why are you throwing rocks at my take? just joken hehe.

thanks.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe it’s like B. Dylan said…..Robo???? They’ll stone you when you’re trying to be so good, they’ll stone you just like they said they would. They’ll stone you when you’re trying to go home, they’ll stone you when you’re there all alone, but….. I would not feel so all alone…everybody must get stoned.

Be well Robo…………. :)

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

no good deed goes unpunished 8)

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Heck I’m just happy to get a little attention…

Had a great night tonight, almost talked too much but didn’t. Will miracles ever cease?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Psssttt ” have you seen them”?

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

can someone please define success?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Being content and hopefully happy with who you are and your lot in life.

That ‘lot’ might not be much but as long as you have a roof over your head, food, health and one or more good friends then that’s success.

I know a university professor who looked successful – lovely house, good job, climbing the ladder etc. But this person was a nasty person and kept changing their job because everyone she worked with was useless and she never had a good word to say about anyone. So in every new place she said nasty things abouit her ex-colleagues. Then she’d move again because she’d fall out with the new bunch. What she didn’t realise was the problem was her and moving jobs just meant she took the problem with her. On the face of it she looked like a success but she was anything but.

So the moral of that is success comes from the heart and not just the pay cheque or status in a company.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Success is just one extreme, failure is the other. Mediocrity sounds like less work and maybe a more enjoyable place to be (I do agree with you scattybird, just making another point). I mean, if you had a lot of $$$ and cars and houses, you’d have to worry that someone might steal it or damage it. Failure might mean that you have to worry about what to eat and where to sleep and how to stay warm in winter. There’s plenty of room in this world for mediocre people. Sorry if i misspelkled that LOL, fingers not working well today!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree Trash………I believe success is only definable by the individual. Ask 100 people and they will give 100 answers each dependent on their personal vision……and all you will likely end up with a another’s perspective.

It may take a lot of soul searching to reach one’s own true definition or parameters, or comfort level……it also may be a conglomeration of things, intrinsic and extrinsic. I know that for me that understanding and clarity came but only after I searched more for my heart and it’s truth….and my understanding of “my success” was more of an end result…..a truth that just ……was…..for me anyway.

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Oh, Toofat! That Dylan song…cryptically titled “Rainy Day Women # 12 & 35”!

Shortly after “Forrest Gump” came out, I was in a restaurant with a bunch of friends. It had a jukebox, and that song was on it. As I walked by it, I had a wicked, evil idea. I also had enough change to set it up so that song would play 10 times in a row. The first few times, I managed to keep a straight face, as people began reacting. The 5th time it played, I started having trouble muffling my giggles, as everyone in the place said, “Oh, SHIT! Not AGAIN???”. By the end of the 6th time, my friends had paid the bill, and hustled me out in a fit of giggles. I can only imagine what had happened by the end of the 10th time…

I’m told that kids in the 1960s used to do the same thing with “They’re Coming to Take Me Away, Ha Ha” (which sounds a bit like that Dylan song) on jukeboxes. If you wanted to get your ass kicked, you’d play the A-side of it a couple of times in a row. If you wanted to get killed, you’d play the B-side (which was the whole song played backwards).

Funny how John Cleese neglected to include this extremely effective method in his “How to Annoy People” video…

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Tonight success is reading 100% of the first two pages of this thread. All in one sitting! I will look foreword to the next time I experience success.

Feeling comfortable in my own skin, feeling like I’m a valuable member of the world.

Having some way to be helpful to the nearest human being.

Success is the growing capacity to give love, interest, and attention to the thing right in front of you, the now.

Letting someone else finish what they have to say instead of finishing their sentence for them so I can say what I want to say! hehe.

The list goes on and on. I’ve really thoroughly enjoyed reading all the articulate beautiful things people have said on the first two pages. It’s gonna be fun reading all the rest.

Tonight I like humanity. That is indeed a rare and priceless experience, another way to experience success.

I remember one time I farted and it smelled kind-of good. Anyone care to analyze that comment? ***snickering like a schoolboy prankster***

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

if this is the definition of success then I am successful. Some days and some days not so much. I enjoy coming to this place reading posts and sharing my views. I for whatever reason I such an an insecure soul than that. If there is no response to a post that I write. I immediately feel it is unwanted. That sounds silly. It is silly but that is how insane I am so thank you all once again, for putting up with me and the good news of the day is I am successful today!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Too Fat .. you sound like a person who has become comfortable in his skin … My self image isnt strong enough

for that .. but it is one of a few targets … as is forgiveness .. Co Morbid depression and anxiety are a pain ..

rollercoaster, at least I know what is happening, so there is some feeling that it goes away again for a time.

Meds dont seem effective.and being on Canada Pension, there isnt spare cash for much else.

Spouse has decided not to bother reading any of the ADHD books I bring in to read.

She saw the Totally ADD movie and decided that nothing was going to change since ADHD isnt curable.

Yup, angry person, of course she denies that as well .> “nothing wrong”. Not interested in facts, either.

I.m tired of this, may as well save $200. a month in drugs. Cat still likes me so that’s nice.

Books seem not to cover this kind of event, laughs, books don’t often cover clients without funds.

On another note, got into a fubar with yarn that had to be de tangled .. took a lot of hours but managed

not to get frustrated or angry .. mini victory. Can’t do that with humans as yet. :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 125 total)