Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Where can I find treatment?

Where can I find treatment?2009-12-23T02:03:26+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Where can I find treatment?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Clive

This does not make sense to me .

Again another friend goes to his GP f ills in the questionaire and gets the Drugs .

Is the system of education that GPs get is so different , , or are GPs so scared to go out on a limb and help there patients get the help they need.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Part of it might be how long the GP has been in the business. While GP’s that have been around for quite some time have the benefit of experience, much of the time they don’t have the most up to date information on ADD research. This is especially true in regards to diagnosing it in adults.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Well the journey continues , got the call today appointment at the hospital on the 2nd July this year .

Things are looking up .

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Wonderful! And a 2-month wait is relatively short, for Ontario. Though, ideally, it should be a lot shorter.

To make the most of it, be prepared. Bring along report cards, old letters from your teachers, any preliminary diagnostic tests from this website… Maybe you could even bring along a parent or sibling to provide their memories of what you were like as a kid. That way, your own memories will have a little more weight, since they’re being backed up by witnesses.

That assessment will probably be pretty intense—so intense that you may forget some of the things you wanted to ask about. So start writing down those things, NOW. Whenever a question occurs to you, add it to the list. And be sure to bring that list with you to your appointment.

Getting a diagnosis can be both scary and exhilarating, because it’ll change your life. Kind of like finding out you’re pregnant for the first time. (So I’m told…)

Are you planning to go to the “Now What?” workshop on June 12th? It’ll also help prepare you for your assessment, by answering a lot of your questions. Dr. Jain will be there. And with Rick involved, it’ll be a lot of fun, too.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That is fantastic Clive! :D

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Its kind off tough to bring any body how knew me from school , there all in England.

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Hello Dr Jay ,

I just wanted to thank you for the very informative session on Saturday , I learned a lot and it all kinda makes sense now .

It was done in a very fun but informative way.

Thanks

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)