In an entertaining, rapid-fire exchange Patrick McKenna and Rick Green lay out 36 ADHD-Friendly Strategies they use to manage daily life and long-term goals.
As seen on PBS, this acclaimed program gives you an arsenal of practical tools that work to minimize the downside of ADHD. Over a dozen of our favorite specialists share tips and strategies that you can use every day—at home and at work.
- 3 quick steps to instantly eliminate procrastination.
- 4 simple routines to overcome forgetfulness.
- 7 ways to manage time, clutter, and distraction.
- 4 holistic strategies for managing emotions, moods, and sensitivities.
Many standard organizing or motivational strategies don’t work for people with ADHD. Your unique mindset demands unique solutions.
With 36 strategies to choose from. Try them, tweak them, play with them. Keep the strategies that work for you and drop the ones that don’t.
Patrick and Rick emphasize that strategies should be fun, engaging, and fit your life and your situation. Mastering your ADHD becomes a game, playing with different ways to bend the world to you.
Other topics include:
- How to find reliable help and solid scientific information
- A bullet-point review of what ADHD is and is not
- Building a personal combination of strategies that support each other
From quick life-hacks to long-term strategies for setting and achieving goals, this program brims with powerful tools that Patrick, Rick, and 1,000’s of people use to succeed with ADHD.
- ‘This is a good news diagnosis. The bad news is when you don’t know about it. So take this information and embrace it.’ Edward Hallowell
- ‘Make lists. With ADHD, you might need a list for only four items. Or a check list of what to pack for the weekend trip. Or the office. Or school. Or a list of questions you want to ask your Doctor.’ Rick Green
- ‘Every morning I take five minutes and write down what I did the day before, what happened, how I felt… Hugely beneficial for memory. ‘ Patrick McKenna
- “An awesome compilation of tips presented in an absolutely wonderful delivery mode for someone with ADD/ADHD! Addresses our most troublesome deficits. I highly recommend it to ADD/ADHD folks and their partners. Thank you so much!!!” -S
- “I sat there and watched my whole life explained. I got teary, which is huge because I don’t cry, that was abused out of me long ago. Now I’m ready for what can be. I’m working on understand who I am. Thank you, for giving me a life.” – JA
- “Like looking in a mirror and seeing myself and the difficulties that I struggle with most days… like finding the hidden passage to a lost treasure.” – BB
- “This DVD is a great help in learning how to keep it all together.” – clp
- “These 36 ideas are presented visually, verbally and augmented with humorous, unforgettable skits.” – Bonnie Johnson
- Anthony Rostain
- Umesh Jain
- Allan Donsky
- Edward Hallowell
- Stan Kutcher
- Annick Vincent
- Kate Kelly
- Margaret Weiss
- Lenard Adler
- Miglena Grigorova
- Derryck Smith
- Samuel Chang
- Thom Hartman
- John Ratey
- Laura Muggli
- Gina Pera
- Geraldine Farrelly
- Laurence Jerome
- Linda Walker
- Steven Kurtz