Discover 155 surprising, often hidden ways that ADHD/ADD affects your life… and strategies for creating a life you love.
This funny, fascinating book is life changing.
You will see how many of your negative beliefs, odd quirks, and daily frustrations are actually the result of ADHD. You need to fully realize how this affects disorder your likes and dislikes, and what you do or avoid doing, in every area of life. Then draw upon ADHD-Friendly solutions.
Noted ADHD specialist and clinician Dr. Umesh Jain explains the science and neurology behind each trait, then writer-producer Rick Green shares stories of the impact of this quirk or belief in his own life. Then they offer solutions and tools to deal with the downside. As well, you’ll discover 23 strengths commonly associated with this unique mindset.
- Discover the sometimes surprising ways that ADHD is affecting you.
- Learn the reasons for your ADHD traits, and practical ways to manage them.
- Rejoice in the 23 unexpected and sometimes hidden strengths of ADHD adults!
- Recognize and let go of negative beliefs or risky habits you developed to compensate with undiagnosed ADHD
Funny fast, and full of info and tools you can use, ADD Stole My Car Keys shows you how to identify, manage, overcome or eliminate the aspects of ADHD/ADD that hold you back – and how to develop the traits that will move you forward!
If you have been diagnosed in adulthood this book will identify scores of beliefs and behaviors you have developed to explain, compensate, or cope with this hidden saboteur. You’ll learn to recognize the many ways this disorder has been limiting you. Then you can let them go or eliminate them.
This isn’t about changing who you are. It’s about discovering who you truly are and what you sensed you are capable of achieving now that you know what’s going on and what to do about it.
Best of all, the book is funny, lively, and you can read it in any order. Open to any page and you’ll get compassionate insight and practical solutions to life with ADHD.
- 12 Common Beliefs ADHD People Share
- Signs From Childhood
- Common Misbehaviors of Adults
- Family Frustrations of Adults with ADHD
- A Dozen Disorders The Resemble, or Combine With ADHD
- Ways ADHD Impacts Work and Finances
- 12 Ways of Unconsciously Coping
- 23 Amazing, Unexpected, Sometimes Hidden, Over Unappreciated Strengths of Adults with ADHD
- “The reader will be relieved to discover that this book is written in an ADD Friendly style. Like Rick Green’s documentary, ADD & Loving It?! , this book is bunny, engaging, and packed with a wealth of accurate information about ADD.” Kate Kelly & Peggy Ramundo, Authors of the best-seller You Mean I’m Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?
- “Never have I understood my entire career and why all those jobs were so wrong for me! The caricatures cracked me up too. If you are ADHD, this book will NOT bore you. I can’t express more appreciation for this sweet gem!” – Diamond7
- “I did not anticipate being so pleased with it. The topics are short, the format is excellent. I am not the ADD person in my house. My husband is. I – or he – can read a couple snippets every couple days and most often get a big laugh, or perhaps a rueful smile. Maybe sometimes we have a long and illuminating discussion. It helps us both.” – Martha Novak
- “I laughed, I cried. I have an ADHD bipolar daughter who would not read it, but I sure did and I gave another copy to the mom of a newly diagnosed teenager. I love your site Rick and I send everyone I can, to it. For inspiration and hope.” – Paula
- “ADD Stole My Keys gave me my life back!…I am finally on the path to ‘my normal’. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU Rick Green for such an amazing read!” – C. Carter
- “This book was so cathartic for me! I laughed, I cried, and I identified. So much of the content resonated with me… I especially recommend the book for adults who have been newly diagnosed.” – Tracy Tennant
- “This is my kind of book. I love the way they put this together. It is funny, informative and has short chapters. The authors have helped me to embrace my ADHD and live my life without shame and guilt.” – T. Gayton
- “As a recently diagnosed adult ADD’er this book is wonderful! Things that I have struggled with my entire life finally make sense.” – J. Nicolaisen
- “You should get this.” – cloudyncool
- “This purchase was probably one of the best ones I have made as it is everything I am… There are many who will knock you down, it is the ones who stay to help you up… which is what this book does for me.” – Melanie Robson