“Don’t be so sensitive!”
“Why is everything such a big deal with you?”
“Stop letting things get to you. Grow a pair. Toughen up.’
ADHD & Emotional Sensitivity is a compassionate look at the “feeling” side of ADHD. It will help you understand the reasons behind our sometimes crippling anxiety, volatile temperaments, and physical intolerances, and offer practical advice on what we can do about them.
- Why ADHD leads to over-sensitivity, over-reacting, and sudden mood swings.
- Develop strategies to stop the experience of overwhelm, prevent runaway emotions, or quickly dial down your upset.
- Master your moods and even to harness your hypersensitivity when you need it.
This isn’t about becoming someone you are not—it’s about being able to be who you truly are, without having your feelings run wild, leaving you, and everyone around you, exhausted. And you can use these strategies to help your spouse or child with their ADHD-driven overwhelm.
In ADHD & Emotional Sensitivity you will hear directly from over a dozen experts who bring awareness and real solutions to the emotional battle many of us live with every day. Draw up on their combined experience helping thousands of people with ADHD.
Imagine being able to pause, think, and choose your reaction.
Don’t be at the mercy of emotions. Understand what’s going on so you can dial down the volume and eliminate the drama with practical strategies and simple choices. This is a muscle you can build with practice!
- Learn about the things that trigger sensitivity in people with ADHD so that you can understand what makes you hyper sensitive, and why.
- We’ll explain the truth about ‘willpower.’ Is it real? Is there a better way to manage it?
- See why the chaos that seems to come with ADHD a need to be in control.
Doctors, ADHD Coachs, and experts reveal strategies to prevent overwhelm before your anger, anxiety or sadness spiral out of control.
As well, learn about the ‘physical sensitivities’ that are so common with ADHD. Hate bright lights? Noisy rooms? Strong tastes or smells? Certain fabrics? See why these are a result of ADHD so you can protect yourself from stress.
- “So many people with ADHD have been told ‘You’re too sensitive!’ and it’s a criticism.” Jennifer Koretsky, ADHD Coach, Author of ‘Odd One Out: The Maverick’s Guide to Adult ADHD’
- “People with ADHD like to know what’s happening next” Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, Psychologist, ADHD specialist, Certified Coach, Author of “Making the Grade With ADD: A Student’s Guide.
- “Folks with ADHD can surprise other people with their strong emotions and then surprise them how quickly they go away.” Dr. Ari Tuckman, Psychologist, ADHD Specialist, Author: Understand Your Brain, Get More Done
- “I always felt bad about myself. Like I wasn’t doing enough, or it wasn’t good enough” Dr. Laura Muggli, Clinical Psychologist, Laura has ADHD herself.
- “People with ADHD tend to undervalue their worth.” Dr. Stephanie Sarkis, Author:
- “If the person with ADHD doesn’t know that they’re different in this way, not everyone’s like this, they might get mad at their partner.’ Gina Pera, Author: Is It You, Me, or Adult ADD?’
- “Absolutely must have library!! Like me, you probably ended up on the site desperately searching! If you are SERIOUS about educating the AD(D)HD self, and or understanding a loved one, Tap into the BIG BRAIN library… Thank you TotallyADD, because for the first time in my life at 50, ‘I’m lovin it’!” – Brother B
- “A really good look at a really important topic!…Watch this.. and you’ll appreciate the role and value of ‘mindfulness’ in managing emotions (and their effects on you and the world around you).” – JP
- “ An excellent video!… As someone who hears the world twice as loud as it is, and at times reacts in due proportion, it was incredibly helpful to hear of others experiences and hear of options to drawn upon… It will be a download I return to frequently.” – Debbie
- “The title doesn’t fully describe what’s in this video. It shows that ADHD comes with all kinds of sensitivities… This video explained it all, and showed why we have to be so mindful of how these sensitivities affect us, so we can limit our exposure to them before we have a meltdown.” – Angelyn
- “ ADHD & Emotional Sensitivity is OUTSTANDING!!!… Best video yet! AMEN, AWESOME, BRAVO, BINGO, SPOT ON!!! Thank you!” – JW
- “Should be required viewing for everyone affected by ADHD.” – Gina Pera, author Is It You, Me, or Adult A.D.D.?
- Stephanie Sarkis, National Certified Counselor (hard to read)
- Candice Murray, Psychologist
- Kathleen Nadeau, Psychologist
- Jennifer Koretsky, ADHD Coach
- Ari Tuckman, Author – Understanding your brain, get more done
- Barbara Luther, Director of Training, ADDCA
- Linda Roggli, ADDIVA
- Laura Muggli, Psychologist
- Laurence Jerome, Psychiatrist
- Stanley Kutcher, Adolescent Mental health Expert
- Gina Pera, Author – Is It you, me, or adult A.D.D.?
- Roberto Olivardia, Clinical Instructor in Psychology [hard to read]
- Terry Matlen, ADHD Psychotherapist/Coach [hard to read]
- Anthony Rostain, Professor of Psychiatry and Pediatrics [hard to read]
- Patrick & Janis McKenna