Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Reply To: Effexor

Reply To: Effexor2013-10-03T15:16:33+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Mood Stabilizers Effexor Reply To: Effexor

blackdog

@skippingrock

There are a few things I forgot to say in the other thread that fit here.

Your depression sounds very similar to mine. I actually feel pretty cheerful most days. I usually only get really down when something bad happens. This is called Reactive Depression. You may also have Atypical Depression, which means that you can be “cheered up by happy events”.

But it is possible to be depressed and not feel “sad.”  Procrastination, lethargy,  forgetfulness, confusion, difficulty making decisions…all of those things are also symptoms of depression. Which is why it is difficult to differentiate it from adult ADHD. And since depression/anxiety are far more common, it’s kind of the go-to diagnosis.

I can’t take Effexor. It turns my stomach inside out. I just started taking Cipralex and so far all it’s doing is making me sleepy and more lethargic. I have been taking Welbutrin (Bupropion) for 10 years.

I think you need to give the Effexor a chance. Even if you don’t want to stay on it if it works,or doesn’t, it will give you an idea of what you need. You might want to look into Welbutrin too since it can help with both depression and ADD. And it is a non-stimulant and non-habit forming.

REPORT ABUSE