Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD and Marriage

ADD and Marriage2018-02-13T20:17:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community ADD and Marriage

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

latebloomer54
    Participant

All in the community: I need help with my ADD and relationship (marriage) because over the years I have had many relationships over the past 10 years. When I dated, it was one at a time, then I met my future wife. I wined and dined her, enjoyed weekends at her place and dealing with the ongoing divorce back at home. With her it was a release from the horrors of a 30 year marriage. What happened after the wedding, I began to see other women via internet and dating sites, sometimes I had three ladies while talking to them and eventually seeing them. This went on for several years, she found oud and threaten to leave but stayed despite my behavior. As time when on, I slowly shed off all of the other women except for one and yes, I did like her more than I realized. We kept meeting over the next five years and I moved out and back more time than I could count. We, I signed a Post Nuptial agreement and is was finally cashing it in on me for alimony and medical. To end this story, we seem to be in the reconciliation mode. I wasn’t expecting this because I signed off on the divorce paperwork and figured the other lady was a clean start for me. My soon to be ex said No, she will become what you don’t like or worse!

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

Hi Latebloomer 64,

I’m not sure what kind of help you are asking for. Are you looking for ADHD help? Are you currently being treated for it with medication? If so you may need to reach out to your doctor for a change in dose or prescription. That and councilling. Infidelity is not often caused by ADHD and some men without ADHD sometimes do it too but for other reasons. It doesn’t sound as if you regret your infidelity in which case I don’t believe ADHD is the cause. It also sounds as if you have an incredibly understanding wife who loves you despite your transgressions. Why you would want to step out on her is a mystery. If you stay with your wife drop all the other women and maybe the internet too while your at it. She deserves your full attention. You will hear this a lot in these forums that ADHD is not an excuse. If you truely believe you have a problem I suggest that you seek professional help.

Regards

Richard

AKA That Guy with ADHD

REPORT ABUSE

fennecguy12
    Participant

Hi Latebloomer, Here is a blog post that hopefully can help you, https://www.adhdcentre.co.uk/adhd-effect-marriage/

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)