Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

High score but no diagnosis.

High score but no diagnosis.2018-07-06T12:20:03+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am High score but no diagnosis.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

gold
    Participant

I’ve taken the test twice and got the same score (9 and 7). However I don’t know who to go to for a diagnosis, and even if I did I probably would be to pore to pay for it. I was thinking I should just assume I am, thots?

REPORT ABUSE

midwestgal73
    Participant

This is a very late reply, but you likely have it. A formal diagnosis isn’t required unless you feel you could use the help of medication.

REPORT ABUSE

cauliflower
    Participant

I share that experience. I want to get a proper diagnosis, but also I’m holding my self back from actually going to see someone about it. I really think I could benefit from a diagnosis and perhaps medication. I’ve just been using ADD strategies anyways, to help my self. Another thing that’s helping me confirm is that I’ve already adopted a lot of the strategies to cope with ADD symptoms, even though I’m undiagnosed. My main reason to go see someone would be for confirmation that I am not overreacting to normal behavior and additionally, to obtain medication/advice. The reason I’m not assuming I have ADD is I don’t want to self-confirm something I don’t know enough about. I do find that it is difficult to identify this much with a disorder that I don’t “officially” have, so I’m sort of restless to talk about it. By difficult I mean I feel weird completely relating to everything on this website, yet not being “totally” ADD. Those are just my thots.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)