Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Struggling With Addiction

Struggling With Addiction2019-02-04T00:04:56+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! Addictions/Self Medicating Struggling With Addiction

Viewing 0 posts

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eashline92
    Participant

Hello. My name is Emilee. I am almost 27 years old and I was diagnosed with the combined type of Adhd at age 24. My doctor out me on vyvanse to help me focus. It worked, but I was taken off them to a dirty urine analysis, which showed I was using narcotics. Granted, I never sold or abused my Vyvansew but I do see why he took me off them. Shortly after, I got hooked on pain killers and crack cocaine. The crack functioned like my Vyvanse or so I thought but the problem was I couldn’t get enough or was able to say no to it. Same with the pain pills, I used them to self medicate my anxiety and depression so I would just be numb. I left my environment three days ago and have been clean for two days. It’s not a long time, but for an addict,it’s a positive start. So far, so good. It helps not being around the people who provided me with crack and pills, I am in good spirits, and I’ve been taking my anxiety and depression meds again. I know I can’t do this by muse which is why I have a counselor meeting set up this week. I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions!

REPORT ABUSE

yurlocalmilkman
    Participant

No, other than keep up the good work! It’s hard, and a lot of people don’t realize that some of the strongest people are addicts.

REPORT ABUSE

add0endum
    Participant

Twelve Step is not a Country Western Dance, keep breathing through the years eventually you’ll make this a breeze.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)