Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ritalin

Ritalin2009-11-30T23:45:26+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Ritalin

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is Ritalin like caffeine? Or cocaine? Or uppers? Or adrenaline? And is it addictive?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Methylphenidate (e.g. Ritalin, Concerta, Biphentin etc.) is a psychostimulant and primarily dopamine based. Cocaine and cannabis are also dopamine agonists. But these substances are not as specific as methylphenidate in going to the part of the brain that is where the problems like.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My primary issues with drugs (prescribed or not (I.E. street drugs)) are that they change who you are. Drugs have bad side effects and I am not sure I want things that are worse than what I deal with now.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sorry for the late response.

ADHD is very much about changing your lifestyle and medications are there to assist. There is no miracle cure. However, the consideration for meds is a very personal one but the best strategy is to be informed and to decide whether it is right for you. Try not to make emotional decisions. Check out my videos on this topic.

At the end of the day, it is about control, yes, but it is also about stopping your suffering.

Regarding changing who you are…….these aren’t personality altering mediations. They just help make your brain work on the things you were supposed to.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When I was six years old, I was diagnosed with ADHD. I was I was giving Ritalin until I turned fourteen. After the doctors stopped letting me have the Ritalin I started to drug my self. I have been off drugs for eight years now (I am 44 years old). I answered yes to all of the questions except one. Will Ritalin help me?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)