Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

FRUSTRATION AND FAULT

FRUSTRATION AND FAULT2010-02-02T04:27:19+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

i am going through alot lately i feel as if things are my fault and i am going through frustration all the time grrr and i am tired of feeling like make mistakes i also find employment difficult to hold down sometimes by not meeting industry standards or i struggle to catch on and i am slow what careers are good for adders. because my frustration of seeing it come so easy for others even some adders i gotta get it fuigured out and i dont know all i know is ive thrown the spegetti on the wall to see what sticks and it falls off and i feel useless at times and i feel like i got this great potential that is not being tapped and i wish it was not hard sometimes but it is really difficult i do not think others in this world non adders do not really understand sometimes. i do not wish to disclose in an interview but i have read some articles that have been interesting and helped a little but i want to say i am frustrated i try and try and feel like i dont know i feel bored at times as well and like my successes yes they matter but feel at times they do not because i am living with this i want to inspire people and its hard to keep up to the world of non adders people do not understand sometimes its harder for us thankyou

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for your post. I can relate. I wonder if there are any of us out there that have had success with self employment?

REPORT ABUSE

itsallgood25

I feel the same way you do everyday

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I found self-employment to be rewarding up to the point where I had to keep track of stuff. When I was able to be creative and that’s all, I was on fire. Providing there was steady business coming in, I was on fire. When things weren’t so steady, it was all extinguished. Left to my thoughts, they turned to dismay.

That being said, I’ve heard some wonderful success stories from people with ADD and being self-employed (um, Sir Richard Branson perhaps?).

In an ideal world, employers would understand that having an ADDer on their team would be the best thing that ever happened to them. Problem is, the world has fences. We don’t like fences. We like open fields and open fields scare the establishment.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been self-employed for years with varying amounts of success. I’ve tried working for others but I eventually get frustrated with things I can’t change or control and learn to dislike my job. I much prefer being self-employed. The biggest lesson I’ve learned is to delegate the things that Cause me the biggest frustration ie book-keeping (Actually I’m trying to learn that before I get myself into trouble again). I also should be looking for someone for sales, but being a small business doesn’t provide enough income to split too many ways. I have to be very wary about my impulsiveness as well. It is very easy to be too generous with everyone else. Funny enough(or not) I have a family history of ancestors being too generous and giving away everything and losing their business. Work with your strengths and find help for your weaknesses.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been self employed for the last 20+ years, and until the economic downturn I thought of myself as successful. I will be again but it will take a while. The key is to follow through with timely billing, and collections. I still need work on both.

It works for me because I think I know everything – a lot of the time, and I get frustrated working with stupid people, not because they are stupid, but because they keep proving it over, and over again. Now that is rather ego-centric, and it sounds better if I present it that way, because it is far from true. I see the world totally different from everyone else. I sell and repair medical imaging equipment, and if I ask the right questions I can repair the equipment on the way to the customer location, then when I get there follow through with the repair. I am a good salesman because I know my equipment, and not just how to fix it but what it is suppose to do. I think in pictures. I’ll never forget a test my son brought home from school to test him for dyslexia, the first question was “Picture the word book, and write it down”. Well I pictured the coolest book you could imagine, and promptly proved I had a problem – because the real answer is B O O K. I deal with health physicists – lovingly I refer to them as “propeller heads” – because they overlook my tendency to interrupt, talk over them, and my phasing out while talking to them, because most people they talk to do the same thing. They respect me because I know, and can picture, what I am talking about, and understand what they need.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)