Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

21 jobs….so far

21 jobs….so far2012-09-07T21:28:47+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story 21 jobs….so far

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi. I just joined the forum. I was diagnosed with ADD in high school, don’t remember if the medicines helped because i forgot to take them. I have 2 college degrees, and went back to college the second time to get an Industrial Design degree, thinking it would change my job prospects. Before getting this second degree I had lost 6 jobs out of 15 and the other 9 were because i moved. Since the second degree I have gotten two layoffs that seem to be related to the same performance problems. One happened yesterday, and they said they were running out of work but gave a subtile hint that my skills did not match- basically a politically correct way of saying I wasn’t working out. The only field that has any promise for me in Industrial Design, and no employers in that field have liked my portfolio.

Has anyone else had similar problems? What did you do about it? Did you end up living on disability? Did you find it more helpful to be your own boss and eliminate one grouch from the equation?

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

Only 21 jobs, eh? I am 45 and have had well over 100. I couldn’t possibly number them all….I’ve quit most of them, but have usually got the sack from the rest when trying to be sacked. I don’t have any tertiary qualifications though, and for that matter, I don’t have any secondary qualifications either! :D Office jobs, warehouse jobs, and factory jobs…all just dreary soul crushing purveyors of misery! I don’t have any answers for you Plasticman, just one suggestion: don’t stress over it…. 8)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)