Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Do I have it?

Re: Do I have it?2010-01-14T21:45:56+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Do I Have it? Do I have it? Re: Do I have it?

Anonymous
Inactive

I was diagnosed back in the 60s with Minimal Brain Dysfunction- what they used to call ADHD. As a female and the diagnosis coming just before beginning school, I was something of an oddity. In 2005, I was re-diagnosed after six hours of testing for virtually any and everything else. Still ADHD with a capital H.

For me, being able to put a name and some facts to the issue keeps me from playing into an already damaged self esteem. I know what the issue is, I know what the effects are, and I can act to circumvent what I need to. I find it helpful.

Of course, no one wants to be diagnosed with something that will be a part of your life all your life. But I can think of many things worse than recognizing that it’s ADHD.

There are many good ADHD forums out there. Read a few. I can’t tell you how freeing it was to hear from other ADHDers that they had problems with certain noises, had issues with driving, and were spatially challenged. All this time, I thought it was just me. I find that I am in some pretty good company!

REPORT ABUSE