Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Not able to make out lyrics in a song?

Re: Not able to make out lyrics in a song?2011-01-10T00:29:42+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Not able to make out lyrics in a song? Re: Not able to make out lyrics in a song?

Anonymous
Inactive

I might be dating myself here, but when I was in my teens I loved the Doors. One song has the lyric, “Yeah, my knees got weak.” I was singing to it one day and my brother overheard me, broke out laughing and quite publicly told everyone in my family I sang it as, “Yeah, my name is Jean Guy.” Sooooo, so… SO embarrassed. And that’s not the first or the last time I have misheard lyrics and made people bust a gut. There is one song that plays a lot on the radio called “Black Hole Sun” by Sound Garden that, no matter how many times my husband laughs and corrects me (and he loves to do this, esp to this one song in particular), I still keep singing it as, “Black on white…” It’s like my brain skips or gets stuck in a groove with that one song. Most others that I have been corrected on, I have taught myself to sing the correct lyrics to. Just not Black Hole Sun. It’s a mental block for me. :-)

REPORT ABUSE