Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Doctors in my area

Re: Doctors in my area2012-05-18T04:45:42+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Doctors in my area Re: Doctors in my area


Post count: 303

My family doc prescribed mine. I tried seeing a psychiatrist in Seattle, but she didn’t believe in an ADHD diagnosis, so she prescribed anti-depressants because she was an idiot.

I’m in KS, now. Different state, different regulations, different doctors, so it’s hard to say. Mostly, I think people see psychologists or psychiatrist, though. Any doc can prescribe for it, but the psychologists seem to be able to treat the non-medicated symptoms. My family doc is pretty good, but after being on this site for a while, it seems like he may be an exception. He’s a bit ADHD himself, so maybe he’s just more familiar with ADHD than most.. I don’t know.