Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: ADD Coach

Re: ADD Coach2009-12-04T05:56:42+00:00

purlgurl

I have a “volunteer” ADD Coach – a friend of mine. We sat down and worked out the ground rules prior to setting up this arrangement. Basically, she checks in with me on a regular basis, to make sure that I’m doing what I need to be doing, and if I’m not, to figure out why. I share my Google calendars with her, too, so that she can help me with scheduling. She proofreads papers for me, if I would like her too. She also provides validation, in that she will cheer for me when I do a good job. She has been an awesome support, as has one of my counsellors at school, with whom I have been working on mindfulness techniques (Buddhism has long interested me), both as a coping strategy for my ADHD, and a depression-prevention tool. The one thing that both of them need to kick my butt on more is my fitness – I’ve been meaning to start running again, and get back to tracking my food, but it just hasn’t happened yet. Anyway, I’m going to ask that of them.

Anyway, I’ve found it to be worth having my coaches. But I don’t pay either of them (directly – tuition pays school counsellor’s salary :)

REPORT ABUSE