Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD Coach

ADD Coach2009-11-28T20:13:31+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I looked up ADD coaches, but how do they really work and do they really help? One more person bitching at me is not what need or want. Does anybody out there have used this services and did it helped?

REPORT ABUSE

purlgurl

I have a “volunteer” ADD Coach – a friend of mine. We sat down and worked out the ground rules prior to setting up this arrangement. Basically, she checks in with me on a regular basis, to make sure that I’m doing what I need to be doing, and if I’m not, to figure out why. I share my Google calendars with her, too, so that she can help me with scheduling. She proofreads papers for me, if I would like her too. She also provides validation, in that she will cheer for me when I do a good job. She has been an awesome support, as has one of my counsellors at school, with whom I have been working on mindfulness techniques (Buddhism has long interested me), both as a coping strategy for my ADHD, and a depression-prevention tool. The one thing that both of them need to kick my butt on more is my fitness – I’ve been meaning to start running again, and get back to tracking my food, but it just hasn’t happened yet. Anyway, I’m going to ask that of them.

Anyway, I’ve found it to be worth having my coaches. But I don’t pay either of them (directly – tuition pays school counsellor’s salary :)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

FWIW, I use addactionclub.com. For $50 a month I get access to personalized, certified ADHD coaching online. Usually, it’s in the form of setting weekly goals & checking in every day or two to get advice, support, feedback. It’s been great — as long as I keep up with it.

Take care

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have weekly phone sessions with an ADD coach. I have found coaching to be very helpful and supportive. Since everyone is different, what you’ll get out of coaching will vary. A good coach will start out by asking what you want from the sessions. Do you have a specific goal in mind? Need support just getting through each day? Want to know that you’re NOT lazy, stupid or crazy? (Disclaimer: Kate Kelly is my coach!)

I say, go ahead and contact a few coaches. Most offer a complementary session, so you can get an idea if the person would be a good fit for you.

Post back and let us know what happens!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am a psychotherapist + Life Coach who also has ADHD. Because of my personal experience, I understand the struggle. Coaching has improved my life, particularly in the symptom areas. Plus, I coach many ADDers and get to see the results at first glance.

I witness change everyday in people. Most ADDers love to learn new things that work and produce results. And I am all about learning and producing results. New results are stimulating. Right?

Looking for a ADD coach, check out http://www.coachme.ca or call me 905-944-1711. Bring your questions.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)