Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Concerta

Re: Concerta2010-02-03T01:21:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Concerta Re: Concerta

Anonymous
Inactive

Concerta has done a number of things for me.

At first it was good, but as my body has become accustomed to it, it’s starting to go bad. My biggest issue with Concerta is high levels of anger. I know where it comes from, I know why it’s there and sometimes, I can even control it because I know it’s just my brain screaming for more of the drug.

After 3 years on the drug, I find that even while the drug is in my system (about 3 hours into work), I’m aggressive, quick to anger and lash out and even just angry for no particular reason. As someone who was very passive and docile, I have just let these feelings envelop me. I have enjoyed the ride and now the only thing stopping me from getting off is the withdrawl.

When people ask me if I recommend Concerta, I tell them “hell no!”. I was on Ritalin prior to this and it didn’t do anything to my moods or temperament.

What’s the best way to get off this stuff without destroying my work and home life? What can I take to replace it that wont have a similar effect?

REPORT ABUSE