Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: How long on medication?

Re: How long on medication?2009-12-18T18:38:26+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication How long on medication? Re: How long on medication?

Anonymous
Inactive

I have been on medications forever. I now take 40mg Focalin XR twice a day which seems to work well, unfortunately due to the way I metabolize meds and the fact that my ADHD is severe the high dose increased the anxiety and lowered my tolerance for stress. Effexor XR was added for those side affects and it works really well. Unfortunately I have also suffered from chronic insomnia since I was a child. It was my doctor who put me on the ADD meds (against my will) because as it was explained to me that unless my brain was calmed down during the day, I would not be able to sleep at night. I do not like taking so many meds but it has worked extremely well. The meds do not work like they should during PMS due to the hormones, but on the whole it’s better than being without them.

The Daytrona patch is also a good alternative for those who do not like to swallow pills or can’t remember if they took them or not.

REPORT ABUSE