Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: My (long) story

Re: My (long) story2010-01-27T23:02:39+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story My (long) story Re: My (long) story

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
Participant

Manny, I shared your issues about being on meds. I had never even smoked a joint in my life. (I think perhaps I instinctively knew I would like it waaaaay too much. As well as being scared by those ads, “This is your brain, this is your brain on drugs.” The ads were capturing exactly what was happening to some of my high school friends who were heavily into drugs. Sorry, I digress)

The thing that I feel about meds is that it may not be forever, especially if I use the medication as a stepping stone, and take the calmness and focus it provides to now get in shape, start meditating, organize my house and office and finances and so on. (Most of which I’m actually doing!)

I don’t know if I’ll be on medication forever. But then I used to use a lot of caffeine, and how many coffee drinkers will be on caffeine for the rest of their lives? (Caffeine actually being harder on your body than most ADHD meds from what I’ve read.)

REPORT ABUSE