Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Worst advice – and from a therapist, no less.

Re: Worst advice – and from a therapist, no less.2009-12-27T16:17:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Most X-treme! Most Hostile/Ignorant Thing I've Heard Worst advice – and from a therapist, no less. Re: Worst advice – and from a therapist, no less.

MK

Ah Burnsey, kind of you to ask. Yes, once I got the diagnosis I began the journey of self-education on adult adhd. I attended two of the ADDA conferences (St. Louis and Chicago) back when they were still huge conferences. Read a lot of books. Had some counseling for awhile. Have been on several different ADHD medications over the years, (currently on Vyvanse) and am happy to report that finally last spring I was able to stop taking the antidepressant that I’d required for years and years. All is much better, though of course I still struggle with everything ADHD and do wish I had been spared this, despite any positives it has brought my way. Once you learn about all the strategies that you need to use to supplement what your brain won’t do, you have to remember to use them – all those strategies. That’s the kicker! :)

REPORT ABUSE