Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Re: Strattera advice please

Re: Strattera advice please2011-01-04T04:22:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera Strattera advice please Re: Strattera advice please

Anonymous
Inactive

I was first diagnosed with ADD back in high school and was given a sample of Strattera just a few months later. This was in the middle of 2003 and I think the drug may have been in some sort of experimental stage- between when it had been declared safe and when it was really being sold en masse. I could be totally wrong about this, however.

Anywho, I can’t even remember if it worked well or not, since it was the summer and I had no classes, but it made me extremely tired. Like having to quit playing outside with my friends and lie down on the couch in the middle of the day because I was so tired, even though I was getting plenty of sleep. Ended my trial of it early and never looked back. I actually got mad when I saw a commercial for it a few years later, because I felt like it took away from what had been one of the best summers of my life.

If you’re looking to try something else, I’ve been on Adderall almost constantly since I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago and it’s been great. Though it’s certainly not for everyone; some people can get kinda hooked. It may take some time to figure out the right dosage for you. Also make sure you get the generic version, because there is a HUGE difference in price.

REPORT ABUSE