Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

1 month trial with Vyvanse (after trying Focalin XR)

1 month trial with Vyvanse (after trying Focalin XR)2011-05-19T21:57:46+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse 1 month trial with Vyvanse (after trying Focalin XR)

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Laura

Here’s what Vyvanse was like for me…

The good… Lasts all day long! I take it between 7-8 am and it wears off around 6-7pm. At 30mg, I still have to push myself to get things done, but with MUCH less effort than if I skip a day.

(I tried skipping a day after 3 weeks thinking this pill really wasn’t doing anything. OH MY GOSH! I couldn’t get anything done! At the end of the day I felt so defeated. This pill really does help me! Another day, I was moving around like a chicken with its head cut off — deciding to start a task, realizing I first needed to do something else, then as I started that, I realized there was actually something else that was REALLY first…Again I thought this med is not working. Then I noticed my pocket was crooked, and in straightening it, I found my pill — Oh yeah…I put it in there because I was going to eat breakfast first…!)

The bad… only a slight improvement in motivation and helping with prioritizing, and less help than the Focalin XR. And a dry mouth, but that’s no big deal for me.

So my doc today increased my dose today to 40mg for the next month. He thinks we’re on that right track, and I’m praying we are!!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)