Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

11+ yrs on Adderall XR Switching to Strattera

11+ yrs on Adderall XR Switching to Strattera2016-01-27T21:41:17+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Strattera 11+ yrs on Adderall XR Switching to Strattera

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ladypeace82

Hi. I’m 33. I’ve been taking Adderall XR since I was 21 or 22. For the past three years I’ve been on XR 30mg twice a day. I was diagnosed with ADHD while in college. I was a part-time student working full time.

My husband and I are about to start a family. My doc want’s me to talk to my other doc about any ADHD meds, but in the meantime I wanted to get off the Adderall and on to something that wasn’t amphetamine. So even if my doc says no ADHD meds at all, at least I don’t have to go through the “withdrawls” of Addy like I’m about to.

I’ve read somethings on here. I can honestly say I’m a bit scared of Strattera. The exhaustion I’m mentally read for. I figured I’d have that since I’ve been on Adderall so long. But seeing regular people that have never been on Adderall talk about how utterly fatigued they are scares me. Also, I’ve never been depressed. I’ve seen some people talk about depression and suicidal thoughts on Straterra. Annnd I definitely fear the weight gain. I mean, I know my Adderall doesn’t affect my eating habits. I have no problem gaining weight and eating too much -_-

But others here say they’ve gained a lot on Straterra and they never took Adderall.

Is there anyone here that took Adderall for a long time and switched to Straterra? Do you know anyone? Can you refer them here? I start my “starter pack” tomorrow. The stairs to the 80 or 100mg a day. Thanks.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)