Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

15 years old.got a wake up…"i have A.D.D"

15 years old.got a wake up…"i have A.D.D"2011-07-07T07:21:06+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Have a Diagnosis, Now What? 15 years old.got a wake up…"i have A.D.D"

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

so to be clear i kinda knew that im “different” and i think i remember something about A.D.D at my past.

i found out i have A.D.D, believe it or not..at dinner…yes dinner a simple dinner.

i ask my mom…

:”mom why do i take koncerta?”

see answer:”because you have A.D.D.”

i was like WHHhaaatt?!?!?!

me:”mom..what is A.D.D?”

mom:”its a attention problem whit the brian.now keep eating”

that int all the conversation but you got the idea…

later i start getiing small flashbacks..(more like memories but hi whats is a good topic whiteout drama right?)

i know remember myself at a school trowing stones at my class after i escapade from it.

i remember that i never did homework…and i mean NEVER.

that i never really had allot of friends…(dunno if its A.D.D fault but whatever…)

i know righting you at 1:46 AM…sleeping problems..oh the sleeping problems.

and my room looks like the world war 3 had just started,,,

and im pretty sure that if il try to find my keys to the house ill need 2 hours to find them…

at list i know this early right?some ppl know this only by the age 40…

thats now i have a chance to help myself and realy use all the tips i see in this website…

i have 1 question for you ppl:how do you handle the day to day life…do you use someting to help you focus?or meybe doing multypal

tasks at ones?(helps me from time to time…but very rerly)

p.s:i know this is a website for 18+.thow i didnt found any outher website that can realy help…

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

We are pretty equal opportunity, so welcome. There are many different ways that you can learn to focus. The first thing you should do is try to learn a little bit more about what ADD is and what it means in your life. If you have been on Concerta for a while you probably don’rt remember what it was like before the Concerta. Medications can help with focus and correct some of the symptoms, but just like with your keys, not everything goes away. Being only 15 a lot of your problems are being handled by your parents. So use this time before the responsibilities of adulthood and all the myriad of things that go with it to learn who you are. When you find out what makes you concentrate these are skills you should try to replicate. Try doing things early morning when the medication is at it’s peak. If you can, get a notebook and start to write down how you feel at different parts of the day. With my daughters, I have found that they each have their own strengths and weaknesses. So be open to trying new things until you hit on something that you are good at and like to do. This should help with the focus problems at least in the short term. Just be aware that one of the side affects is hyperfocus, so try not to concentrate on one thing to the exclusion of everything else in your life. Good Luck.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

I’m 54 and just found out, so………….

Tip – “multitasking” is a myth and actually harmful when you reach middle-age. It’s being discovered that attempting to force yourself to do what management today insists on – multitasking, can cause ADD-like symptoms in late life!

“The Myth of Multitasking” – Buzz About Science

there are a number of sites that are now coming out and talking of the dangers of supposed multitasking. Frankly, even computers – the PC with Windows can’t multitask. That’s also a myth. Time slicing is all they can do. Only a mainframe can multitask.

The human brain can deal with only two items – and that’s to choose between the two, such as fight or flight, left or right. once the choice between those two is made, another is brought in and another choice between two is made.

Tell your manager or teacher she’s/he’s full of BS if they think more is done with multitasking.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)