Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

2 vyvance 4 hours appart

2 vyvance 4 hours appart2015-02-16T19:13:02+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse 2 vyvance 4 hours appart

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

4moecon

Hi everybody, this is my first time using this website and am glad to meet everyone.  Im 19 and have been on vyvanse for about 6 months for college.  I had it for ever but fought against medication buti knew needed it for college. Especially cus i had a tough senior year without parents motivating me to do work like they did when i was little. Im on 40 but im planning on going up soon.

So today i needed to get some work done, so  i tried something new and took one at 8 and one at 12.  I dont feel like i am on 80 mg i feel like i maybe took 50.  Is this normal or do i just need a higher dose?  I thought because vyvanse lasts for 12 hours i would feel great but i feel pretty ordinary. Just wondering if i should be feeling it more or if if vyvanse doesnt stack like that.  thanks in advance C. Moe

Also, i was wondering if everything i say on this wesite is completely confidential. Like if i admit to technically abusing my drug like i did in this post could i potentially get in trouble? sorry lol 🙂 i don’t usually do it but i had stuff to do and also wanted to know how much i should ask my doctor to go up. thanks in advance for all the help!!!

REPORT ABUSE

blazars427

Hi there,

Though I don’t have an actual answer for you, I know exactly what you mean. I previously was taking 50mg Adderall XR in the morning and then 25XR mid-morning. I am still cross-tapering with Vyvanse, so if I don’t take an Adderall 25 in the mornin with the Vyvanse, I feel like hell.

But I have noticed that even taking a 2nd Vyvanse an hour after the first in the morning has an effect on the drug’s efficacy, or how much it helps the symptoms it is intended for, ie: ADD.

You are right, it does feel like I’ve taken next to nothing, or even taken less to begin with!

I think that because this drug was so carefully designed by Shire (makers of Adderall) to have a much less probability for abuse because it’s not an amphetamine until it has been metabolized, introducing more of the pro-drug on top of an already metabolizing pro-drug has a weird reaction.

Basically, I’d ask my doctor to up my morning dose and talk to him/her about “boosters” if you must.

My eating habits and exercise habits became quite unhealthy on Adderall, but since I stayed thin and had energy up until the last year or two of taking t, I didn’t pay much attention. Now I feel like Vyvanse is helping me at work and in general more with focusing, redirecting, and following through, but I need to start managing my health in the simple ways again.

I hope this helped at all… Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

blazars427

P.s. I would ask to go up 20 mg.

And I don’t think you abused your drug – your intention was not to feel high – just talk to your doctor before experimenting again! Dont walk the slippery slope of playing with amphetamine doses. But don’t beat yourself up either.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)