Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

A bullied kid grows up & creates a powerful thing of beauty

A bullied kid grows up & creates a powerful thing of beauty2013-02-20T12:21:12+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey My Story A bullied kid grows up & creates a powerful thing of beauty

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

Evelyn
    Participant

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Wow indeed. That’s a powerful and thought provoking video clip.

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

Study after study confirms what we know from our experience of people who are happy–it’s not about what happens to you, it’s what you do with it, how you respond, what meaning you give it.

As ADDers I think we have a strong tendency to blame ourselves, rather than write it off to bad timing, external conditions, or whatever.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

So if your butt falls off. Just find a new way to sit. Is this the idea? Just sit different?

Wasn’t there some kind of chair invention for folks who had a butt, but it fell off? er… or was that on the fake news? I forget…

I think I’m talking about the fake news that was on before…

Can we get some fake news here too? please!?

hmmm

um, does anyone know some fake news? aahm sleepy now.

gnite

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

So if your butt falls off. Just find a new way to sit. Is this the idea? Just sit different?

@Robbo, sort of.

The effects of being bullied as a child are going to be with you for the rest of your life.  You can either let them eat you alive, or you can learn how to adapt so they can’t hurt you so much (and might even help you to be a better person).

Kind of like what happens when you find out you have ADHD.

You can either ruminate on all the things you’ve missed out on or screwed up because of it…or you can learn what to do to make the most of it for the rest of your life.

(Easier said than done, but well worth the effort.)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)