Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

A-holes who blast their stereos

A-holes who blast their stereos2011-05-03T07:08:40+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Angry A-holes who blast their stereos

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Shadow Nexus

In the apartment next to my university, three years of pure hell. I complained and got, “We need to hear it”. What the hell does that have do to with it?? I complain you stop them or evict them. It’s plain and simple. No, I complain many times a month. I get summer and winter break off from hell. I complain directly to the guy. He could care less. Where your conscience?

Fast forward to 2 years ago, I get the next door guy who loves metal and blasts it! I have to abandon my apartment every Sunday all day and night. Also, it’s many times during the week. It finally ends last September.

I get a nice quiet couple with a kids. Thin walls so I have to put up with TV noise. It’s nice and quiet most of the time. They move out about April.

The noise hell starts up again. I wake to a loud enough boom boom boom. Even with my ears closed, I can still hear it, every Monday and other times in the morning. At at around 6:00pm, I hear boom boom boom. This happens on a regular basis throughout the week. I complain to the manager. One week after, it starts up again.

When cars are near me, I hear BOOM BOOM BOOM. Talk about distracted driving.

Call the police? No, that requires you file a complaint. That means possible retaliation. No way to do it anonymously. Not worth the risk, I have so little.

Move you say? Where? I’m on disability. I can’t. This is all I can afford. After waiting two years, Section-8 housing(government help) is still 1-3 years away. I’m signed up for waiting list for privately owned low-income housing, but again that’s years away.

Move in a quiet area house with roommates? Two words. ROOMMATE HELL.

Jobs, see my x-stream rant.

Who raise these monsters, monkeys? GET HEADPHONES and USE EM! That’s better…

So, i’m looking on the internet everywhere for a way out(now, not later) mostly dead ends. So, i’m trapped in noise hell. Having ADHD makes it much worse. If anyone has ideas for CA-USA, tell me. No, I mean TELL ME! I’v seen so many false leads. I’ll say if i’v seen it before. Trying to find something that is affordable, quiet, nice area, and not claustrophobic is nearly impossible. My rent is already way over what I can afford(72% of check). With disability payments cut, that made this much worse.

Sound proofing the wall will only do so much, since I can’t afford the industrial grade stuff. Yes, that’s what I really need.

If had the money, I would move out the country in a heartbeat. :)

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

There is a clause in every lease, which states that the renter has the right to reasonable enjoyment of the premises. That means that your lease GUARANTEES that you will not have to deal with excessive noise, unhealthy living conditions (which includes excessive noise), people coming into your unit without giving reasonable notice, etc.

You have the right to demand that the landlord take action against the noisy tenants. You also have the right to call the police. If there is any retaliation, you are protected by the law. You can call the police, and you can sue your landlord for damages (in Small Claims Court, so you don’t need a lawyer). If the landlord does nothing about the excessive noise, you can report them to the housing authorities, and ask to break your lease because the noise is not only interfering with your right to reasonable enjoyment of the premises; it is affecting your health. Also write to your Mayor & Councillor and to your Provincial Premier (or State Governor) about the problem. Often, they will intervene to ensure something gets done.

You could even take the matter to the media. Think of it: Disabled person, whose condition is exacerbated by stress and extreme noise, is at the mercy of fellow tenants with no regard for anyone but themselves, and a landlord who won’t do anything about it. Here in Toronto, there’s a columnist in The Star, who has reported many stories of people in similar situations, arousing so much public ire that it forces those in authority to get off their butts and do something about it.

Do not be afraid to take the action needed to improve your situation. You are NOT helpless. Those clods can only get away with it if you LET them.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)