Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

A week without meds!

A week without meds!2011-07-11T16:22:02+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Medication A week without meds!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Carrie

I have been on meds since…. January? February? I dont remember! I started with Dexedrine, within 2 days said it didnt work. Got Ritalin, 2 days later said it didnt work, stopped taking it THEN noticed the subtle difference. Stayed on Ritalin for a month, made me too moody, went back to Dexedrine, found it was amazing, then right away switched to Adderall XR. Had that for a month and half, decided I didnt like it as much as Dexedrine. Went back to Dexedrine, and now I have decided to stop all meds for a week to see the difference! Get back to my roots and find ways to work around while BACK on the meds.

Day 1 – So far I have done many circles around the house, trying to find my felt pen, forgetting what I was doing, ended up taking a shower, changed my shirt 4 times. Tried to figure out when my days off… Notice I havent been crossing the days on my calendar off… Look for my felt pen, do more circles around the house trying to remember what I was doing hahahaha Acting like my normal hyper self making weird sounds while doing circles. Laughing and talking to myself. We will see how it goes at work!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

End of the work day now. Things were fine. I found instead of easing into what I needed to do it was more like “OH! I need to do this!” scurry off “OH SHOOT!! I need to do this” scurry off. I found myself stopping a lot to gather my thoughts about what I was doing next. I was pacing across the room sitting on the window sill and then leaning on the counter while talking. While sitting in the office chair, turning myself back and forth and back and forth. I lost my train of thought a few times.. That was kind of embarassing! We will see how day 2 goes!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)