Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Accountability buddy

Accountability buddy2017-02-19T19:46:12+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

deedorian

Anybody out there? I’m wondering how to find an accountability buddy. I can’t afford a coach. And winter is a really bad time for me.

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

I’m still pretty new to the ADD scene and I haven’t heard of an “Accountability Buddy”.  Can you explain what one is/does?

REPORT ABUSE

diamondr
    Participant

DeeDorian: Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. An accountability buddy would be someone that she can check in with to share that she accomplished a goal. For example, she says “I have got to start walking to get some exercise!! I’m going to 3 times this week.” Then when the week is over, she would report “I did it!” Accountability buddy would say “yay, hoorah, you rock!” or if she did less walking “that is good, but I think you could and will meet your goal next week!” only positive encouragement.

REPORT ABUSE

That Guy with ADHD
    Participant

Thanks diamondr,

I could probably use one myself.

REPORT ABUSE

deedorian

Yes, Diamond, that is what I had in mind. I can’t afford a coach (not that there are many where I live). You explained it better than I could.

So anybody have any ideas?

Dee

REPORT ABUSE

meggo
    Participant

Any of you still interested in an accountability buddy? I’ve been combing through the internet to find a resource for this and haven’t found anything really, just a few empty promises from strangers on Facebook. I realize that ADHD coaches fill this function, however I have talked to many people struggling with ADHD who don’t have the resources for an ADHD coach, so an accountability buddy could be a great resource.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)