Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

add and mitral valve prolapse help

add and mitral valve prolapse help2011-08-23T04:27:02+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community add and mitral valve prolapse help

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

hi everyone and thanks for reading. i was told i have add by 5 diffrent shrinks and my biggest problem was i was always against taking ritalin as a kid,my parents would watch me put that pill in my mouth after breakfast but i would spit it out befor i brushed my teeth. i did that routine for about 3 months or so till my old man found that pill stuck in the between the plunger and the drain got an ear beating for it. and the more shrinks my dad took me to see the more i hated add so along came bad grades barley passing to the next grade,and in high school kids i would never talk to comming up to me asking me for these pills i hated so much they wanted in the worst way. but i also have mitral valve prolapse here is a link for mvp symptoms http://www.drhoffman.com/page.cfm/184.

so after 35 years of suffering through the symptoms of add and some symptoms of mvp i broke down and went to see my doc for help and on 8/19/11 got my first script filled the pills are adderall 20mg instant release on friday night. took my first pill saturday morning and off to the races i went cleaned all my lawn equipment,cut my yardshy of an acre,washed my truck then waxed it and had all of this done in around 9 hours. with out that pill to do all this work would have taken me 5 or 6 weekends to do. my fear was my heart i always could feal it beat weird but it beat the same way i have been used to but just a little more when i took that pill.but sunday and today my heart is pumping the way im used to. my million dollar question is was the first adderall pill i took warning me to stop because my heart beat the same way im used to but just a little more than usuall or am i fine because the next to days on this pill my heart was beating the way it always has. please help. i no my typing is bad and im tried my best the adderall pill wore off like over 10 hours ago.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi Jason,

Congrats on getting all that done in one day! You need to call your doctor right away and get some advice on whether to keep taking the adderall or not. I don’t know anything about adderall, but I think if you have a pre-existing heart condition, stimulant meds can make it worse, fatally worse in some cases (I think Dr J did a video about this here). So get yourself to the doc and get some reassurance or a different med.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)