Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD and travelling

ADD and travelling2013-08-19T21:38:51+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Other ADD and travelling

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

distractedmomma

I’m driving 3 hours away to a city I’ve never driven to alone tomorrow, with my 3 year old son, for a doc’s appointment. I’m excited and stressed at the same time. Excited to face my fear of getting distracted and lost and stressed that I actually will get lost and miss this important appointment. Any tips on how to be successful at arriving to my destination? I’ve got the GPS and I studied the road a few times. I also have phone numbers to 2 friends who live in the area. Think I have all my bases covered.

REPORT ABUSE

dithl
    Participant

@distractedmomma ….good luck tomorrow! Driving 3 hours away, don’t forget to add:

10 minutes from gathering stuff last minute, out the door (longer if you tend to forget things and come back in for them)

20 minutes in case for construction/traffic problems

10 – 15 minutes to find a parking spot (unless you know there is plenty of onsite parking but still add 5 minutes to figure out parking)

10 minutes to gather all your stuff, and your son’s stuff out of the car.

Enough time for a snack and pee break if needed.

10 minutes for getting lost and refinding your way…

Those are just my estimates…maybe a bit on the generous side because you said it’s really important to make it on time. Aim for at least 1/2 hour early if you can, hopefully you can find something to do with your son in the area if you do actually have to wait….

Checklist of everything you need for the trip, eg, wallet, cash, phone, health cards etc, and phone number of doc’s office in case you do run late. Double check it before you start driving.

Good luck — and *enjoy* the adventure:-)

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Make a list of things you want to discuss with or tell the doctor.  Otherwise, your mind will go blank until you get out of his office.

REPORT ABUSE

jojosephine

great tips @dithl

good tip @kc5jck

😀

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

@distractedmomma – Well how did you appointment go?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)