Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD Coach

ADD Coach2010-03-09T00:25:05+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Having ADD, I coach others that have ADD also. I understand the daily struggles. The desire to reach goals when focusing is such a problem. If ADD is causing problems at work or at home, please let me help! I offer calm and compassionate coaching to stop the clutter in your mind so you can achieve all that you desire.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I was diagnosed with ADD at the ripe old age of 45. I have been on Ritalin and concerta for a year and it has been a rather troubling experience for me in the sense that I feel jacked up and too hyper. As I am a lawyer with a very busy practice I was always able to cope prior to the onset of three small children and the sleep deprivation that followed it. That is when I was faced with this medical condition. I am new to this site, but I would be interested in speaking with a coach or being involved in some of the forums.

Mark

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Ok everybody , i am going to see my GP on Thursday about ADD , any insight, i am very nervous .

I just do not know how he is going to react .

I am going to take my wife just for back up .

Please let me know what to expect .

REPORT ABUSE

purlgurl

Hi Clive – I guess how your GP will react will depend on how he reacts in general to you bringing concerns to him. My GP/Mr. purlgurl’s is a youngerish guy, and he tends to be pretty open about us coming in and going, “I’ve been doing some thinking about/reading about x, and I wonder…” So, I was a bit nervous about going to see him and saying “I think I might have ADHD, and I talked to a therapist, and she thinks I might have ADHD, and that might be at the root of my depression”, but he was cool with it.

He asked me some ADHD-specific diagnostic questions (I should note that I had had the depression dx for a long time when he became my family doctor, so we’d never gone into that in tremendous detail), said that it might be possible, gave me a prescription for Ritalin to try out, a referral to a psychiatrist, and said that if I noticed a difference in functioning on the Ritalin, that would be a pretty good clue about ADHD, and if not, we could look at the anxiety disorder side of things. He asked me to come back in two weeks, or sooner if anything urgent arose. I *did* notice a difference with Ritalin on the first day, and the rest is history! So, it might not be as bad as you’re thinking, and if your doctor isn’t receptive, definitely seek out a second opinion. Good luck!

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Thank you Puriguri .

I am taking my wife for back up .

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

Well i did It , Had my appointment today with my JP and i did take my wife .

I am so glad i did , i could not believe how emotional it was , brought me to tears .

After 51 years i am going to see what going on , got my referral . will wait and see .

REPORT ABUSE

Clive

There the Dylexia coming through GP not JP

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s great Clive! :) Congrats to you for taking the giant leap.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)