Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD is like grieving

ADD is like grieving2013-09-10T08:14:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! ADD is like grieving

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lorali3

You know the part of grieving when you have accepted the loss, but still can’t focus on everyday life because your thoughts are so heavy? That is what my ADD feels like to me! Medication helps some (believe me, my doctor and I have tried everything), but I can’t even get going on tasks, let alone finish them!

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Hi @Lorali3

Interesting thought. I guess it kind of is like that. Im dealing with both right now and I do very, very little most days. I think about doing some crafts but then just don’t bother. Which is partly because I have no idea where any of my stuff is. And I bought a new sketch book a few weeks ago which has about 5 or 6 sketches in it, all unfinished as usual, and all done in a few days right after I lost my job. Haven’t really touched it since. And keep losing my pencils/sharpeners/erasers on a daily basis.

I think the ADD itself is a source of grief. All the wasted time, all the things you want to get done but just can’t, friendships and relationships you’ve lost, or never had, being bullied and treated like an outsider….These are the things that keep me awake at night. Especially the lost time.

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

I’ve often thought that CHADD (Children and Adults with ADHD) should use Munch’s “The Scream” as its logo. For me, it’s extremely difficult to abide the horror of being unable to take true ownership of my own life—to watch “helplessly” as one thing after another flies apart. Too, I think that for those of us who came late to a diagnosis, it is a challenging task to put the past away, knowing nothing can be done now to change anything. It requires a great act of humility to learn to forgive ourselves for the unforgivable, just as it requires a great act of courage to carry on when all seems hopeless. Still, we have to try to make our little corner of world a better place, whenever and however we can. And perhaps take some pleasure from going dancing with all the ideas that seem to glide effortlessly through our minds…

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

I see that painting in my head all the time. It’s a perfect representation of  the frustration I feel on a bad day.

Im a wallower. I like to wallow. Its where I feel most comfortable. So putting the past behind me is something I have always struggled with and still do. But I have to somehow or I will spend the rest of my life buried under a mountain of regret and never accomplish anything.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)