Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

ADD & marijuana

ADD & marijuana2011-01-21T16:19:19+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community ADD & marijuana

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

miguelangel

I propose a new research to find the prevalence between addiction to drugs and ADHD:
    1-Search on google celebrities with any drug addiction: alcohol, cocaine, heroin …

2-Choose the drug you want, also the criteria to introduce the person in your study population (alphabetical, included in more than one list …)..

3- Then search again in google if these celebrities have been diagnosed with ADHD,

$-you will notice that the prevalence is much higher than researchers  define and also you will realize that all those celebrities with drugs abuse but without diagnosis of ADHD are from an age at which this disorder was not considered among adults, , If not, the prevalence would be around 100%  ”

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@Rick – Better out than in, I say.

I was just thinking about this yesterday, being that I am a little under the weather. When I was little whenever I got sick I had to have Coke. It was the only thing I would drink. Most people like ginger ale or fruit juice, but not me. Had to be Coke. For me it was always very soothing and comforting.

My tummy can’t take too much of it now so I don’t drink as much as I used to. But I started drinking coffee about 10 years ago and I have been drinking an increasing amount of it. But there again, tummy can’t take too much, so I alternate with tea. I also use Wake Ups occasionally, when I’m working and I can’t stop for coffee or when I’m going somewhere that I know I will need to have a little boost. Like my in-laws.

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Blackdog, Coca-Cola really soothes an upset stomach. The first-aid kit on my brother’s boat has a small bottle of Coke syrup in it, for just that purpose

Ginger ale, nectarines, and wild blueberries are also good remedies for a dodgy tummy.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@Larynxa – That’s interesting. I always thought so, but people I have mentioned it to always say the opposite.

I have chronic digestive issues now which is why I say my tummy can’t take it. Carbonated beverages are not good for me. And I don’t drink flat Coke unless I am really, really sick. Just like chicken soup. If I actually want to eat chicken soup I know I’m sick. Can’t stand it any other time.

Ginger is very good for the digestive system. I like to make ginger tea by grating some frozen ginger into hot water or green tea and adding a little honey. You get a higher dose that way than with ginger ale and I find it settles things down very quickly.

REPORT ABUSE

willitlast777

This is something that happened earlier this year in April.

I have been dating a man with ADHD since September 2015.  He has been very open and honest with me about everything.  He spoke about his past cocaine addiction, and his use of marijuana off and on.  He said that he stopped smoking because he was spending too much money on it, and he felt he was smoking too much of it.

I have never smoked marijuana, and at 51, have no desire to do so.  I also have a 13 year old daughter who already knows enough about it, thanks to an older cousin’s regular use of it.  I don’t want my daughter exposed to it, certainly not by someone I am dating.

To make a long story short, my boyfriend said that he wasn’t smoking pot anymore, and I took him at his word. I saw him take out a lighter from his jacket pocket, use it to light a candle, and put it back. (He quit smoking cigarettes 6 years ago.)  I saw him refill a sample vial of cologne and put it in his jacket pocket. (Back when he smoked pot on his lunch break at work, he would use the cologne to cover up the pot smell.) He was using visine to get rid of his bloodshot eyes.  He would text me to say that he was on his way home from class and take an hour to get home when the drive only takes 20 minutes. He was distant, and less affectionate.  I knew he was hiding something but couldn’t put my finger on it.

I suspected he was smoking it again, and waited for two plus weeks for him to tell me.

He finally admitted that he “had been doing something, and felt bad about not telling me”, after being pissed off at ME because I didn’t want to be bullshitted anymore.  I said :” So you must think that I’m stupid, and that I don’t deserve to know the truth. How many other people know about it”?  I felt like a fool.

In reading books on ADHD, I know that marijuana can calm an ADHD mind.  I worry that with his past addiction, it could become a problem for him.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)